go away spammer

Author Topic: looking to buy. :)  (Read 2236 times)

Offline dewme5Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
looking to buy. :)
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »
Alright.  I'm not taking the easy way out.... ok, maybe.

I'm working on a rotating fixture.  I'm going to use a servo motor to control the action.  This rotating fixture is going to weigh approx 40 lbs.  It is for work, and has to do with antenna's, so accuracy is very important, and I have the servos already for a CNC conversion for my mill.  The servo has a 250 lpr encoder on the end.

What I'm looking to do, is buy a controller.  I have the power supply, but I need something to send the control signals.  I'm trying to avoid the need of a dedicated computer, but possibly I'll just use EMC and linux, but would really like something portable with perhaps binary switches.

Does anybody know where to point me?  Time is also important, so designing and building will take to long, with to much on our plate already. 

Thanks for your help

Offline bens

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
Re: looking to buy. :)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:41:56 AM »
You could consider our servo controllers.  They are used in a number of industrial applications and are capable of higher resolution than standard servos themselves are.  If you want portability, you should use a servo controller connected to a microcontroller.

- Ben

Get Your Ad Here

data_list