go away spammer

Author Topic: Wireless Phone TX/RX?  (Read 3203 times)

Offline squrrlwhsprrTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Wireless Phone TX/RX?
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum as well as new to electronics/RC/robotics and the like.  I'm interested in a project using the guts of a pair of 2.4ghz wireless phones as a wireless link to a BEAM type small robot.  I've cracked open the phone and the docking station but both of them use ribbon wire to the TX/RX parts.  Is it possible to convert it to something simpler so I can use it for wireless comm using a BS2?  What are my options?

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Wireless Phone TX/RX?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »
Nobody?  This must've just been a really dumb question, but I couldn't find anything similar on a search on the internet. 

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »
Are you asking how to convert the wires from the ribbon wire to seperate individual stands of wire, i did not quite under stand?

Or are you asking how to use the phones to make a wireless BEAM robot.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
Both I guess.  I would like to use the wireless parts of the phone as the wireless communication on a robot.  I'm assuming to be able to do this I'd have to convert the ribbon wire to individual strands so I can hook it up to the breadboard.

Is it as simple as separating them and soldering leads onto them? 

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »
spreading the leads and soldering seperate strands should work , you will have to be extremley careful when stripping the ends as the wire is extremely delicate.

As for the use of th modules first have a look for th parts and see if you can find any data sheets or info and then post that to see if we can see if we can help

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »
I have a feeling a BS2 won't have enough processing power to send data this way, and may be even illegal to hack in to the 2.4 frequency like this. You dont just send data over the cables, there are protocols to communicate to the cell phone tower and such.

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »
I have a feeling a BS2 won't have enough processing power to send data this way, and may be even illegal to hack in to the 2.4 frequency like this. You dont just send data over the cables, there are protocols to communicate to the cell phone tower and such.

2 very good points, it may be that the BS2 does not have the processing power and it may be that it is illegalt to hack the 2.4 frequency as I have heard of that before(on this forum).

Get Your Ad Here

data_list