Author Topic: Looking for the right semi-industrial robot  (Read 1753 times)

Offline BretManTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Looking for the right semi-industrial robot
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »
Hello everyone - I just joined :-)

I've been working on an assembly project for a new electronic product which part of the task to put it together requires a very simple pick and place motion. I think this would be perfect for a small table top pick and place robot to do. I expect to be making up to 1 million of these parts so I won't need a full blown industrial robot capable of making many millions lightning fast.

I'm pretty lost as to which would be good, reliable robots for semi-production volumes to consider. It doesn't need to be pretty or even new and the lowest possible cost is essential.

Can anyone orient or guide me in the right direction for the type, brand and model of robot I should consider?

Many thanks,

Bret

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Looking for the right semi-industrial robot
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »
Hi,

I've been working on an assembly project for a new electronic product which part of the task to put it together requires a very simple pick and place motion. I think this would be perfect for a small table top pick and place robot to do. I expect to be making up to 1 million of these parts so I won't need a full blown industrial robot capable of making many millions lightning fast.

I'm pretty lost as to which would be good, reliable robots for semi-production volumes to consider. It doesn't need to be pretty or even new and the lowest possible cost is essential.
What is it that is's gonna pick 'n' place and what precision is needed?
The higher the precision, the higher the cost as well obviously, so it's about finding something that only just cut it, but do so repeatedly.

I assume you want something ready made, rather than DIY?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list