Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Need help with water propulsion

<< < (2/4) > >>

wolfy_9005:
Just a thought. Use a tube with 2 propellors and 1 dynamo thingy to recharge the batteries. Could also use a windscreen washer pump and/or a water feature pump(small one with ~1000L/hr cost like $20). Could modify it to suck in large volumes of water, and release it from a smaller hole(ie, from this O, to this o). Never tried it but thought it might work(think jetskis).

gamefreak:
Who said my idea had to be sound waves.... Myth busters tried to make a car give off a huge amount of Bass by hooking up a speaker to an oscillator, the speaker part moved in and out causing sound waves and overall destroying there homemade giant speaker, but see my idea would be water proof because all of the mechanics are on the inside there should be little to no leakage, unless the speaker breaks.

But you see, it doesnt only create sound waves, it would displace water eqaul to the volume of the cone of the speaker, thus creating thrusr every time that the cone got pushed out

Brandon121233:
can ypu give us a general idea of how fast you want it to go?

gamefreak:
Also just for the fun of it, If you wanted to murder the enviroment, set a record, and probably destory what you are building you could use Nuclear Pulse Propulsuion, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion.

Now noone can say we didnt cover all bases :P

Also dont forget : Nuclear marine propulsion • Nuclear navy Aircraft Nuclear aircraft

All are propulsion ideas, but i think some might be dangerous to the enviroment
 ::)

Murari:
I'll need it to be slow enough to steer with an adaptation of differential drive but fast enough for something of a boat race in a small tank... maybe about 1 metre per second or so.. sorry but just a little too slow for NPP
I also have a voltage constraint of about 25 Volts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version