go away spammer

Author Topic: just getting started with augmented microcontrollers  (Read 3411 times)

Offline rogerzimmerTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
just getting started with augmented microcontrollers
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
I'm really interested in learning about microcontrollers.  Does anyone know where I can dumpster dive a good type of microcontroller?  I love the idea of getting something for free, then figuring out how it works, could work, and be reused.  How do I figure out what a discarded augmented microcontroller can or can't do?

Offline zamboniman60

• Helpful? 0
Re: just getting started with augmented microcontrollers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:43:16 PM »
the odds of dumpster-diving a microcontroller which you could program are exceedingly slim -- you're better off pretending you're a company, and getting a sample for a "prototype".

Offline trigger

• Helpful? 0
  • It's an op amp, not a gun part.
Re: just getting started with augmented microcontrollers
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 11:35:05 PM »
I'm really interested in learning about microcontrollers.  Does anyone know where I can dumpster dive a good type of microcontroller?  I love the idea of getting something for free, then figuring out how it works, could work, and be reused.  How do I figure out what a discarded augmented microcontroller can or can't do?

It's not worth the effort.  They're so cheap that you can buy one for a couple bucks, and with minimal support circuitry and free software, get it up and running.  See, for example, http://www.instructables.com/id/E5H5UDWB5UEUKIKV8V/?ALLSTEPS.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Get Your Ad Here