Author Topic: URGENT******* HELP WID CONNECTIONS  (Read 3756 times)

Offline intwizsTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
URGENT******* HELP WID CONNECTIONS
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:24:36 AM »
http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/66

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONNECTIONS OF THE WIRE CONNECTOR PROPERLY

c the picture before the last one on this page.....i dont understand the connections for black line following bot

please help me out
ive already made the circuits...i jst need to know the connections..i just dont understand the wire connector( F-F jumper wire) connections....
visit my blogsite and click the ads cuz i earn money fr d parts i use to make bots thru it...

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
Re: URGENT******* HELP WID CONNECTIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
ok so first off I REALLY wish you wouldnt put urgent in ALLL your posts.... Id be more motivated to help but the urgent thing ticks me off theres no sign that this is urgent it just needs to be solved and if i know the answer i answer if i dont im not going out of my way to answer it....

as far as this is concerned it does look sorta confusing.... I'm not familiar with this tutorial and its kind of hard to figure out which pin the connections going to... I cant tell if the header pin is soldered to the ic pin on the end or the one next to the end...
since you have the circuit finished I'm going to assume that you already have that part figured out... so if your wondering about how to connect the actual wire to the header your going to have to have some sort of male jumper wire were its going to a female pin... you can do it with tape or you can make one  the "right" way with wire housing if this is not your problem let me know you didnt elaborate what you meant that well
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

so I replied the truth, " Exactly why I dont ever talk about English."

Offline Finnik

• Helpful? 4
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 12:31:38 PM »
As Jamort mentioned, please don't say everything is urgent. If you want people to help you, it will probably help to use proper spelling and to clearly form your questions and explain your problems. Remember that we don't have to help you...

Anyway, you say that you've already made the circuit, so I assume that you've added in the wires in the right places and have a female connector on each. I also assume that you've added the four pins next to the IC.

Now, for the connections.. As far as I can see from the pictures and the explanation in the step before you should plug the wires connected to the 1K resistors to the closest of the two lower pins for each of the two, i.e. the left one to the left pin and the right one to the right ping.  Next plug in the two connectors soldered to the red wire of the battery cap into the two upper pins, it doesn't matter which one.

For orientation of up, down, left and right refer to the picture you mentioned in the post.
Think outside the box... inside is to crowded.

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »
I just need to know about the two pin connections at the top, you havent explained about them clearly. I understand the pin connections from the 1k resistors.

and sorry for labelling every1 f my posts s urgent, its jst cuz theres a lot of competitions coming up.

>>>"Next plug in the two connectors soldered to the red wire of the battery cap into the two upper pins, it doesn't matter which one."
what do you mean by which one?. Both top pin connections get the supply?

I think i have an idea of what your saying, just want to make sure
visit my blogsite and click the ads cuz i earn money fr d parts i use to make bots thru it...

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »
ok so your going to use this for a competition? somebody elses design for a competition? lmao....
dude I mean I dont like to flame but that pathetic.... with a capital p.... i dont care if your a newb dont enter a competition unless its your own design....
I dont really want to help now.....
 :P
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 07:09:11 PM »
jamort, don't be too harsh...
if you can get pratheek's permission to use the robot in the competition, i say its fine.
but in future, only use your own designs for competition.
Howdy

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »
I still think thats kind of unfair competition... unless everybody uses somebody elses design.... I mean atleast do something thats not dont in the tutuorial if its customizing code or adding electronics....

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »
I still think thats kind of unfair competition... unless everybody uses somebody elses design.... I mean atleast do something thats not dont in the tutuorial if its customizing code or adding electronics....
there is no code :D but i agree that something should be changed in the way of hardware if possible...
Howdy

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 09:02:05 PM »
wow lol... I didnt notice that lol... yeah the hardware leaves few options...

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »
ive made my own circuit.....but its jst for controlling the motors via an rc.....
i dont knw anythin about sensors...thats why i started this one....

im gonna make the other line follower robot but with a lot of changes except for the programming part......

so please help me out....

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
 ??? what type of changes can you make with out changing the programming... any electronics you can do is going to require programming to be changed....
but alll in all ill agree to offer thehelp i can

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »
I just need to know about the top pin connections in the tutorial
Ive attached the pins from the 1k resistors to bottom header pins on either side
But what about top pin connections? are they both from +ve of supply?

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:27:40 AM »
yes, they appear to be coming from after the resistor.
Howdy

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »
alright, ive made the connections but a red LED on the main board doesnt work anymore
And is there any way to check if the connections are correct? as in , is there anyway to make the motors run without assembling everything on to a chasis and giving it a test run?

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
you could plug in the servos and upload code to make the servos spin...
Howdy

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
That circuit on the tutorial really needs a schematic man... took me a bit to figure it out...

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 07:31:25 PM »
the $50 tutorial? im betting a regular old schematic would confuse the heck out of noobs...
the colored dot schematic was much easier for me to understand...
Howdy

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
I guess I'm different lol... plus I knew how to read a schematic... High school electronics I, II, and III :P

• Helpful? 0
    • myadsense
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »
then help me please
ive given all the circuit connections.....
i used alligator clips instead of the jumper wires

the motor connections are from 3 and 5 on either side right? and thers no contact with the header connections and the motors?

ive tested the sensor module by placing a finger over the photoresistors and the led dims everytime i do it
but the motors dont seem to be running
i dont know wat the problem is...please help me out...

Get Your Ad Here

data_list