Author Topic: Servo Synchronizer  (Read 1934 times)

Offline jaja-segaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Servo Synchronizer
« on: July 15, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Hey guys,
I have to buy two more servos for my robot, I already have two servos attached to my chasis. My problem is my Rx has only has two channels for servos. In this case is buying a Servo Synchronizer going to help or is there something else I can use? Otherwise, my robot is coming along very nicely.

Offline bobthefirst1

• Helpful? 0
Re: Servo Synchronizer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Maybe, i'm not exactly sure this would work :o ,but u might just be a able to hook 2 servos up to 1 signal of the rc.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Servo Synchronizer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »
Hi,

I already have two servos attached to my chasis. My problem is my Rx has only has two channels for servos. In this case is buying a Servo Synchronizer going to help or is there something else I can use?
If your receiver only have two channels, you can only send two signals, so unless you plan for the servos to run in parallel, no add-on will help, as you can't generate the signals out of nowhere of course.

If you plan on using the servos 2 by 2 in parallel OTOH, you could wire the servo signal lines together, but there is a potential issue, in that it is very unlikely that the servos are commanded to the exact same angle and if it's continuous rotation servos, they'll probably go with different speeds.
If the servos are programmable, it's easy to solve though.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives