Author Topic: Robotics Social Network  (Read 3052 times)

Offline ToktikTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Robotics Social Network
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »
Hi all :)

I'm new to this forum, I like tutorials, they written clearly and good :) Thank you for tutorials :)

I'm web programmer. I have experience on building social networks, so I want to start building robotics social network. So. How actual will be Robotics Social Network? I really need your opinion :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:49:34 PM by Toktik »

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
Re: Robotics Social Network
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:32:55 AM »
first Check out www.solderbynumbers.com for some good ideas and some things to AVOID. They have some serious issues when it comes to their design software and sharing of circuits.

I think its a good idea. Not the next facebook but there might be a market for it.

Here is what I would like to see:
1. A tutorial link system. Not host them just link to them. So I can post a list of tutorials I right or have used for others to see.
2. A way to share circuits and code. Maye even a snippet library to help sharing code
3. A way to find local people with similar interests.
4. A group function to allow people to form groups based on interests or location
5. Robot galleries to show off in.

Probably a hundred other things as well but the big thing for me is to work on functionality instead of adding features. If its got a ton of features and a ton of bugs then you end up like solderbynumbers.com Great idea they just have poor execution.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline gallamine

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
I'm working on a similar site. It's called RobotBox - http://beta.robotbox.net - and it's in beta right now. I'd love any feedback you might have. My goal is to make it a community website for robot builders to show off their projects and inspire other builders. Asellith you made some good points - several of your ideas should be in the next major revision to the site. But, you are right - functionality is key! I'm trying to be very deliberate about what I work on and not letting "feature creep" come in. I do really like your idea for code and circuit repository though.

Toktik - good luck with your endevours. Competition is always a good thing and I think there's plenty of room for lots of robot websites (because we have a great and growing hobby!)

Offline ToktikTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »
Thank you for feedback, I'm working at this time on website.

gallamine, I'm too on drupal :)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list