Electronics > Electronics

Transmitter/Receiver Pair

<< < (2/3) > >>

jlp:
You can buy online 433mz transmitter and receivers for cheap, couple of dollars. These are useless unless you also buy the encoders/decoders to go with them, again a buck or so. The encoder I use is a PT2262-M4, the decoder I use is the PT2272-M4. This enc/dec can be hard wired to a specific address something like a garage door opener. So you can have one receiver and make it address switch selectable (dip switch, or by a micro-controller) to control multiple receivers which have there own address running at 433mz. They work from 3vdc to 15vdc.

MrWizard:

--- Quote from: jlp on August 01, 2013, 09:29:06 AM ---You can buy online 433mz transmitter and receivers for cheap, couple of dollars. These are useless unless you also buy the encoders/decoders to go with them, again a buck or so. The encoder I use is a PT2262-M4, the decoder I use is the PT2272-M4. This enc/dec can be hard wired to a specific address something like a garage door opener. So you can have one receiver and make it address switch selectable (dip switch, or by a micro-controller) to control multiple receivers which have there own address running at 433mz. They work from 3vdc to 15vdc.

--- End quote ---

Good info. Thanks.

sherby:
thanks for the reply guys.
Also john, can you post a link to the  24l01 or 7105 based modules  , i couldnt find anything about them online.
Thank You

johnwarfin:
thats hard to believe. a quick search will show pdfs available from the mfg and many available on ebay for a dollar and change ea shipped. i just got over a million hits with google. and on ebay for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-NRF24L01-2-4GHz-Antenna-Wireless-Transceiver-Module-For-Microcontroller-EA-/231025336369?pt=Power_Cables_Connectors&hash=item35ca2ee031#ht_5691wt_1136

dealextreme, aliexpress, goodluck, etc have those and 7105 for even less. ive gotten transceiver modules like these for as little as half buck (might need to buy a few). strangely the chips themselves run about 2x more. go figure. im surprised you were not able to locate these deals. only takes me a minute or two to hunt them down.

there are units available with 100x higher power output too like rfm22b. in any case all these digital modules have much better range and data integrity than cheapo ook type which, these days, arent so cheapo after all. in many cases now they cost more than the digital ones.

ive had considerable experience with all these devices so if you have any specific hardware or software questions dont hesitate to ask.

jwatte:

--- Quote ---there are units available with 100x higher power output too like rfm22b
--- End quote ---

Isn't that strong enough to actually need licensing even in the ISM band? And/or might not even be approved for ISM usage?
(That kind-of depends on what the 100x is in comparison to :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version