Author Topic: Admin never answers my e-mails  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Joesavage1Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
    • Dev-HQ - Learn C++, Visual Basic, HTML and More!
Admin never answers my e-mails
« on: June 30, 2009, 11:55:08 PM »
Ive now e-mailed him agian, and have waited ages, yet still have no reply, I only seem to get a reply if I write a forum topic about it, could you please explain this admin as its anoying having to start a new topic everytime I email you, I even put SoR in the subject line.....

Thanks

Joe

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: Admin never answers my e-mails
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:48:38 AM »
admin is a very busy man, ive always gotten prompt replies... how long did you wait?
Howdy

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 05:43:21 AM »
Try using a different e-mail provider.

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:26:12 AM »
ive waited about 3 days now...

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »
Ive now e-mailed him agian, and have waited ages

ive waited about 3 days now...

:|

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »
3 days for an e-mail reply is AGES. Im used to getting a reply in a day even from a busy company 2 days at max.

Thanks

Joe

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »
For the last 4 weeks I've been working 12 hours/day, have a 3 hour/day commute, and then when I get home I have tons of forum posts a day to moderate, I get on average 50 emails per day to read (not including 100/day of spam), got Axons to ship, Axon II to design, etc. Also, I try to socialize once a week :P

Point being, I barely have time to eat/sleep, so I set my priorities. Your emails, which are basically asking me for a free Axon and has no time expiration, are low priority and will get answered when I can find the time ;D

Just remember all the free robot help I've given you, all the free tutorials I've written for you to use, and know you haven't paid a cent for it. Have patience :P

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
3 days for an e-mail reply is AGES. Im used to getting a reply in a day even from a busy company 2 days at max.
admin isn't a company... those people get paid to help you, admin doesn't get paid a cent!
he has done this entire site out of the goodness of his heart. at least give him a week or two to reply to the emails before saying you've waited ages.
Howdy

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
Thanks
Joe

Joe - I'm sorry but that is 'brown and steaming' and comes from male cows with a nasty smell!!!

Most of us are just getting on with our hobby and 'any support' is 'more than welcome' - but its your hobby not ours. Admin knows 'everything' but is a precious resource - hence the forum.

If its not a hobby, but employment, then it's your employment not Admins nor ours.

Sorry but now need to get back to a service level agreement on the speed of my response to all those emails about little blue pills that can make me into a love god. ;D

If you disagree then PM me your home number and I'll call you at 4am next monday to discuss.

;) :D ;D

Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:13 AM »
For the last 4 weeks I've been working 12 hours/day, have a 3 hour/day commute, and then when I get home I have tons of forum posts a day to moderate, I get on average 50 emails per day to read (not including 100/day of spam), got Axons to ship, Axon II to design, etc. Also, I try to socialize once a week :P

Point being, I barely have time to eat/sleep, so I set my priorities. Your emails, which are basically asking me for a free Axon and has no time expiration, are low priority and will get answered when I can find the time ;D

Just remember all the free robot help I've given you, all the free tutorials I've written for you to use, and know you haven't paid a cent for it. Have patience :P

K, then i guess ill wait till the time comes

admin isn't a company... those people get paid to help you, admin doesn't get paid a cent!
he has done this entire site out of the goodness of his heart. at least give him a week or two to reply to the emails before saying you've waited ages.

i always forget this of people, as obviously admin dosn't have custom service people to answer e-mails for him

Thanks
Joe

Joe - I'm sorry but that is 'brown and steaming' and comes from male cows with a nasty smell!!!

Most of us are just getting on with our hobby and 'any support' is 'more than welcome' - but its your hobby not ours. Admin knows 'everything' but is a precious resource - hence the forum.

If its not a hobby, but employment, then it's your employment not Admins nor ours.

Sorry but now need to get back to a service level agreement on the speed of my response to all those emails about little blue pills that can make me into a love god. ;D

If you disagree then PM me your home number and I'll call you at 4am next monday to discuss.

Thanks
Joe

loled at this

Thanks all, I guess ill just have to wait

Joe

Get Your Ad Here

data_list