Author Topic: Selling Battery Packs (NiMH, Li-ion and Li-polymer)  (Read 4309 times)

Offline IGbatteryTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Selling Battery Packs (NiMH, Li-ion and Li-polymer)
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »
I have just looked at the battery related topics on this forum and found that you are meeting all kinds of problems all the time. So I am wondering why don't you leave this part to the professional battery companies and just focus on the whole robot system's integration? :)
As a professional battery pack manufacturer we are confidence to develop and produce high quality custom battery packs according to your requirements. You can expect a better performance from you robot with our help. And we are also trying to provide you the best leadtime and after service all the time. Distance is not a problem, as long as you are still on this planet, we can delivery the batteries to you. :)
So please just take a look at our website (http://www.igbattery.com/Custom%20Batteries.html) firstly and tell us what you would like to have. You can simplely call me or send me an email. Any questions, welcome to contact me!

Donald
Sales Director
Intelligent & Green Battery Systems Co., Ltd.
Tel: 86-859-3248859
Fax: 86-859-3248849
Mobile: 86-13396590116
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
Re: Selling Battery Packs (NiMH, Li-ion and Li-polymer)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »
Do you deliver to the UK, Greece, Belgium, France, Germany, Australia etc etc?
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »
Frankly speaking we have customers in Germany, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Switzerland, etc. Also we have already delivered samples to France, Israel, Estonia, Netherland, etc.
So the conclusion is: we can deliver to all your given destinations. :)

Offline ArcMan

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Mmmm... Plasma
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:49:48 AM »
...So I am wondering why don't you leave this part to the professional battery companies and just focus on the whole robot system's integration?...

Who knows?  Probably the same reason I insist on letting the smoke out of my home-made high-power drive on a nightly basis instead of just buying the Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2X25 drive.

Actually, I did just buy the Sabertooth last night, but I'm going to get my drive working... really.

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
just visited the IGBattery site... nice site, but no prices or on-line ordering.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Dear Mr. Steve,
Thank you for your praise of our website's design, and I'm glad that you like it. :)
Also please understand that we are different from the cell manufactrers. We are producing custom battery pack so it is very hard to give a exact price for the battery packs on the website. And due to the complex and dangerous of the battery packs (Especially the Li-ion and Li-polymer ones), I insist to talk to the potential customers in details before we can give them a invoice. So a on-line ordering is not available right now. But we may consider to add this function as our understanding or the batteries improved.:)

And about the cells, we just doing trading so we don't have any advantage on that part. The cells list is just for your reference. We wish you could find the right models with its help.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:14:06 AM »
To ArcMan,
I understand your feeling toward the DIY product. Although I can't describe it in English (Nevertheless I'm a Chinese). But I still remember the exciting feeling to make my very first aircraft model when I was a boy. :)
But I still strongly advise you to leave the battery system to the professional companies due to its dangerous and complex.

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »
Do you have the C rating (amperage) of the battery packs?

Offline sotu

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 07:04:37 AM »
Hey!

Im wondering if you have any batteries used for RC helicopters for instance.
This is my requirements for the battery:

7,4 volt
800mAh
2-cell Li-Po
How to build a biped bot:

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »
To Razor Concepts:

It's depends on what kind of batteries you'd like to have. For NiCd batteries. There are high discharger rate cells (We call it as power cells) which could support a 10C~15C interval discharge and 2C continurous discharge, and that why most E-tools are still using NiCd Battery Packs (As they draw a big current when they are working).
But the high rate discharge performance for the NiMH, Li-ion and Li-polymer cells are not so good. They are usually suggested to be discharged at a 0.2C~2C range, and they can not run at a 2C discharge rate for a long time. which will cause heating, or expanding (the Li-polymer cells)

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 07:39:21 AM »
To Sotu,

Yes we can assemble such a pack for you. But please notice that the price could be quite expensive if you only want to buy 1 pack. Also the delivery cost is high.
I'm not sure of the price on you local market. But my suggestion is to buy this pack on you local market. How do you think of it?
Otherwise we need to confirm your size, working current and peak current. Then we can start to do some thing to confirm if a solution is available for you. :)

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »
Are you sure its at most 2c discharge? I use hobby grade RC lipos, and the worst quality ones have a 10c rating, most of them are 20c-30c.

Sotu, look up "Mystery 900mah" on dealextreme, cheapest ones you will find.

Offline dunk

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
    • dunk's robot
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
Razor Concepts :
if you scroll to the bottom of the http://www.igbattery.com/Li-polymer.html page to the "High Rate Discharge Li-polymer Cells" section it tells you the Discharge Current rate.

dunk.

Offline sotu

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 06:47:37 AM »
To Sotu,

Yes we can assemble such a pack for you. But please notice that the price could be quite expensive if you only want to buy 1 pack. Also the delivery cost is high.
I'm not sure of the price on you local market. But my suggestion is to buy this pack on you local market. How do you think of it?
Otherwise we need to confirm your size, working current and peak current. Then we can start to do some thing to confirm if a solution is available for you. :)

Yeh, found a cheap battery that was just what i was looking for at a local ;)
How to build a biped bot:

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »
To Sotu,
I'm glad to know that you have found a proper one. :) If you have any more questions regarding the batteries. Welcome to this topic at any time as you wish.

To Razor Concepts,
Yes there are high rate cells which have been listed on our website. But frankly speaking we didn't do any RC using battery business until now because of the quality problem (I know there are companies do this business, but most of their batteries can't last for a over hundred cycles. In contrast, a good battery should ensure a cycle life of 300.) And please notice that I used the describetion of "can not run at a 2C discharge rate for a long time" :)

To all of you:
Have a great weekend! :)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
I noticed you're from Guang Dong, China. Whats your shipping and tariff costs?

Also, whats you're return policy on defective batteries?

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »
To Admin,
I'm sorry for my late to answer to your question. I was not in the office during the last few days :)
Most of our customers are very professional and so do their products, that means their order quantity usually not very big. In this case we prefer air way shipping to North America and Europe. And for a >45kg weight goods we can get a discount shipping price of about USD9/kilogram.
And our after-service time is 12 month, much longer than the 6 months standard promise time.
Any problem happened during this time. you can simply send the battery back to us for mending and we will pay for the delivery cost. But in a lot of cases we prefer to discuss with our customers to find a best way to solve the problem. Nevertheless, we will never fled away if there are problems, we face it and solve it even if we are going to loss money in the deal. :)

Get Your Ad Here