Author Topic: remote controlled rats  (Read 12619 times)

Offline madchimp

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
Re: remote controlled rats
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 01:24:40 AM »
I don't like seeing animals injured, abused, experimented on or killed in fact it bothers me a great deal. I used to be one of those completely opposed to animal testing. However having loved ones with disorders that affect the brain and experimenting on living animals is probably the only way to really understand the human brain I now see it as a necessity. Seeing loved ones suffer tends to change peoples views on these sort of topics.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »
this does all go towards something useful. but think of the people who test out whether certain chemicals are poisonous towards humans on rats, those rats much have the worst deaths because they are put into a cage with a chemical that will most likely give them a horrible death. me, im against using any kind of poison (except spider) most of the time id like to capture the animal in a cage and let it go a few kms away from my place.
and noobinator i loled about the arduino thing.
Howdy

Offline superchiku

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • cooll
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
wat noobinator said was right ...soldering an arduino on the head and testing rofl...will give sum idea to the testers how it feels... these animals are innocent..test these things on villians...murderers and criminals ...that way we ll get the tests done and these ppl will serve a good purpose..
JAYDEEP ...

IT AND ROBOTICS ENGINEER

"IN THE END IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER"

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 02:24:28 AM »
I know it may sound cruel, but its impossible for you to live without something being killed. For example, your food comes from something that once lived. As such its probably no less evil than to derive life saving medicine in the same manner.

And besides, it is perfectly legal in most countries to kill animals for pure fun (deer, rabbit, fish, etc.). That would be something more noble to protest against :P

Offline superchiku

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • cooll
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 02:47:36 AM »
i protest against that too. ...i dont eat  canned food  :P
JAYDEEP ...

IT AND ROBOTICS ENGINEER

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 02:59:32 AM »
i agree with admin about the shooting one, superchiku, would you rather this or the same animal get shot and sit there paralyzed until the hunter comes and kicks its head in and throws it on the back of his ute? i have to admit that is a worst case example but not all hunters are good shots? i only ever shoot at targets for this reason. see our point? there are worse things that could be happening to these animals. and this way it is benefiting man. would you rather a few rats die in testing or a loved one from that disease they were curing on those animals!
Howdy

Offline superchiku

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • cooll
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 03:05:00 AM »
why play with sum1's life...do it with sum1 who is willing to do it..did u ask for the rat's consent bfore implanting a chip on its head...did u ever feel like what the rat would be feeling...just because it cannot say anything to us as it is powerless that doesnt mean it is not feeling anything...

Even it is said never to touch a tree at night coz the tree feels it...even its a living being...
thsts why i say its cruel....if the rat somehow tells us "YES I AGREE TO THIS TESTING" then i wouldnt say anything but as long as it doesnt then i would say it is CRUEL>.
JAYDEEP ...

IT AND ROBOTICS ENGINEER

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 03:17:51 AM »
so you would rather family members die of a disease instead of rats dieing of testing?
Howdy

Offline superchiku

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • cooll
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 03:27:01 AM »
see i have never experienced such things so i cant tell..i agree with reality i would choose rats to be tested..but i will feel completely guilty abt it...i accept reality..and i will try to find alternatives..
JAYDEEP ...

IT AND ROBOTICS ENGINEER

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 03:36:34 AM »
see, if you had lost a family member to a such disease you would understand my point. but i am still very opposed to people testing out poisons, reactions to products and just plain torture on animals.
Howdy

Offline superchiku

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • cooll
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 07:23:44 AM »
ya i completely understand..
JAYDEEP ...

IT AND ROBOTICS ENGINEER

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »

I figured this image was pretty much perfect for this thread ATM.

There will always be sacrifices that need to be made for progress. Im not saying Its totally awesome how the poor little creature is subject to this experiment. I do feel bad for the little guy. He doesnt appear to be even discomforted though which makes me feel this is a totally acceptable experiment.
Im completely opposed to testing stuff out on animals that have no actual benefit to anything such as testing out makeup products and other crap like that.
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Im completely opposed to testing stuff out on animals that have no actual benefit to anything such as testing out makeup products and other crap like that.
agreed, and ed i have about 650ish of those failblog pics on my ipod, they make me lol!
Howdy

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
Before saying anything about rats and so many other things...
imagine how many people between us are paralyzed due to accidents...
think that reversing such engines could lead us to help people,
that even rely on mechanical breathing....
It's not that I hate animals or so...
But after all it's a balance... You always need to sacrifice something...
in such a case, either your mind and feelings or the lives of some people next to you...
History has shown that little remorse we have about testing animals for our own good...
So... let the development be... don't nag...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:06:02 AM by TrickyNekro »
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
couldn't have said it better tricky, thank you for that post :)
Howdy

Get Your Ad Here