go away spammer

Author Topic: need help diode robot  (Read 1661 times)

Offline mr robotoTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • http://legomindstormmania.com/
need help diode robot
« on: January 30, 2011, 10:56:35 PM »
Hi I need help with my bot. The idea behind the robot is to create something that is very aware (for lack of a better word) of its environment and reacts to changes. The name diode is because of the very brilliant light show on its back that consists of  a five by four array of LED   ( lights emitting diodes) that reacts to light by changing colours so basically if you put your hand over the array the sensors will react to your hand to change the lights. all I want is to know what sort of microcontrol er will I need and how to program it.

note that the light array is a separate system and is in no way connected to the rest of the robot and the microcntroler should be small enough to be carried in a moving robot

thank you all
I once though that my brain was the most wonderful part of my body. then i realized who was telling me this

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am i or are the others crazy"?
 Albert Einstein

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: need help diode robot
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
Hi,

[...] all I want is to know what sort of microcontrol er will I need and how to program it.
"All I want"??
You clearly don't know what you're asking, so my best advice is to start making a "Hello LED" program on whatever µcontroller you should choose - when you understand that in full, build out with a single extra function at a time.

note that the light array is a separate system and is in no way connected to the rest of the robot and the microcntroler should be small enough to be carried in a moving robot
You made that decision, but you are asking for help on that too - perhaps you should change your question to "do I need two separate circuits".

But, start small - crawling comes before walking.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here