Author Topic: Which robots did you guys start out messing with?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline RobotLover17Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
Which robots did you guys start out messing with?
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
HEY EVERYBODY! I'm a newly-discovered robot enthusiast and I was wondering which robots all of you hobbyists started out with.  I'm really excited to get started so I'd be grateful for any answers. Thank you!!  ;D

Offline nanotechopolis_gr

• Helpful? 1
Re: Which robots did you guys start out messing with?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »
you can start with some blinking leds or reading values from sensors , rotating some servos or motors! after that you will have learned the basics you can start making a simple robot car that will goes where you have programmed it to go, or some simple robotic hand with potentiometers !  :)    i am pretty sure that the guys here will help you !
"On the 29th of May, the last day of the siege, our Lord God decided, to the sorrow of the Greeks, that He was willing for the city to fall on this day into the hands of Mahomet Bey the Turk son of Mu

Offline NERDsoldier

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »
I didn't screw around, I had a RADAR to play with.

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
Just mashed together odd parts I had laying around.

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:15:24 PM »
I did some hobby stuff in my youth, and had some Mindstorms at some point.
When getting into it for real, I got some stepper motors and built an H-bridge from breadboard, and built an Egg-Bot egg plotter.

Offline DennisMiller

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »
There are at least two good starting points.  These are the LEGO EV3 kit and the Parallax BoeBot (Basic Stamp).  For the EV3 the graphical programming language software will also have to be purchased.  The Basic Stamp program is free.  Both of these provide good introductions to robotics, are relatively inexpensive (<$500), have good instructions and are 'sophisticated' enough to be challenging.  While both are usable by a wide range of ages they are by no means 'toys'.

Offline lanca

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:17:21 AM »
Lately I started to 'play' with the LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0, more than a toy in my eyes :)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list