go away spammer

Author Topic: Open source robot design repositories?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline mviljamaaTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Open source robot design repositories?
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
I was wondering, does anyone happen to know sites that do sharing robot designs as open source? Given that some robot designs or the design/selection of specific parts or software can be useful for others, then it sounds like an useful initiative. Or if there's interest for community-supported/collaborative robot design?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:03:32 PM by mviljamaa »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Open source robot design repositories?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:57 AM »
All robots in Robot Tutorials section are open-source, as their sources, well, are open to public  :)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline shimniok

• Helpful? 0
    • Bot Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »
I'm not sure specifically about open source. Like a github but specific to robots (or hardware/electronics) ?  Would be nice to get diff tools that work on the various files.

RobotBox and Robots.net have project sharing... but as far as I know, they aren't repositories for source files.

I store my software and electronics (eagle) files on google code for now. I think the OSHW community probably needs more support in the version control arena.
Michael Shimniok
http://bot-thoughts.com/

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 08:59:01 PM »
I'm not sure specifically about open source. Like a github but specific to robots (or hardware/electronics) ?  Would be nice to get diff tools that work on the various files.

Yes. I was specifically looking for sites that would list different robotics projects and designs that people have made open for exploring and contributions. Like GitHub but for robotics.

I think the OSHW community probably needs more support in the version control arena.

If it's the case that such platform doesn't exist, then it might be something for someone to look at?

Offline Sylvestre

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 13
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »

• Helpful? 0

Get Your Ad Here