go away spammer

Author Topic: power source for d.c motor  (Read 2212 times)

Offline shaondipTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
power source for d.c motor
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:21:25 PM »
hi ! im new to this forum and i have a question
i have salvaged four RS 385 PH motors from a car(specs. http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US/cat_files/rs_385ph.pdf). i need each of them to run providing the maximum torque they possibly can for repeated periods of 30 seconds or so. as far as i know in a permanent magnet d.c motor the torque is dependent upon the supply current only. Here the stall current is in the range of 3 amps .will i get a stall torque that is close to the specified stall torque if i run the motor using a 12v 3 amp AC to DC adapter?
also will there be heating issues? if so how to overcome them?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:38:07 AM by shaondip »

Offline frodo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • BOW DOWN TO MY MIGHTY STARE!!
Re: power source for d.c motor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »
if they are 12V motors, then use 12V power. if there are any heating issues, try a fan.
OMG!!!! I AM SUPREME ROBOT!!!

Check out my Web

Offline ArcMan

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Mmmm... Plasma
Re: power source for d.c motor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:53:10 PM »
hi ! im new to this forum and i have a question
i have salvaged four RS 385 PH motors from a car(specs. http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US/cat_files/rs_385ph.pdf). i need each of them to run providing the maximum torque they possibly can for repeated periods of 30 seconds or so. as far as i know in a permanent magnet d.c motor the torque is dependent upon the supply current only. Here the stall current is in the range of 3 amps .will i get a stall torque that is close to the specified stall torque if i run the motor using a 12v 3 amp AC to DC adapter?
also will there be heating issues? if so how to overcome them?
Yes.  If your motor is rated at 3A stall current, a 3A power supply will provide the rated stall torque.
I don't know if you will have heating issues.  It depends on the motor.

Get Your Ad Here