Author Topic: MHZ?  (Read 7541 times)

Offline sotuTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
MHZ?
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »
On my eletric circuit there's a note saying "27 MHZ" is this how much the power the eletric card can take before it get broken? And how much Volt is the limit to add? ???
How to build a biped bot:

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
Re: MHZ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a frequency. Hertz. Frequency. You see?

It's dangerous going into robot building without any electronics knowledge.

I advise you get a good grounding of electronics first.
"The truth is, you can't hide from the truth, cos the truth is all there is" - Handsome Boy Modeling School

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:44:41 PM »
And plus, please look stuff up on Google before posting here. Sorry to have to say again, but yes. It would be nice.
"The truth is, you can't hide from the truth, cos the truth is all there is" - Handsome Boy Modeling School

Offline trigger

• Helpful? 0
  • It's an op amp, not a gun part.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary, and those who can't.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:32:33 PM »
I just want to say to u all that i'm a boy still in high school. I haven't read anything or been on any classes helping me with my electronics and mechanics knowledge. My english isen't the best either. Im trying to look up the most diffecalt words but not all shows any answars. So im sorry if im askin u what u mean about the words or sentence ure writing.

And thanks with noticing my 100 massages..:P

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 02:57:41 AM »
I just want to say to u all that i'm a boy still in high school. I haven't read anything or been on any classes helping me with my electronics and mechanics knowledge. My english isen't the best either. Im trying to look up the most diffecalt words but not all shows any answars. So im sorry if im askin u what u mean about the words or sentence ure writing.

And thanks with noticing my 100 massages..:P

Hey that's perfectly fine, everyone was in the same position at some stage! Thing is, some people didn't have sites like this with quite the same depth of knowledge available.

I think the main thought on this matter is that, yes, you are in high school. It is therefore better for yourself to gain some basic knowledge before embarking on your robotics journies.

Robotics is a facet of electronics.

Learn basic electronics before building a robot.

The last thing anyone wants is for you to get annoyed with us and to stop asking questions. I do think, however, people would appreciate if you spent some time on the basics. At the moment we are acting as your book, and that isn't very fair on us...................because we know a lot of it already. It's your duty to learn out of books, classes etc. just like we did.

Those books are awesome, especially the robot builders bonanza! I wish I had that when I was first learning!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 07:16:42 AM »
The problem with books is that there are very few books in Norwegian learning about robot base electronics. And when reading "complicated" words as i presumably will find in theese books will be hard for me to learn if i dont know the meaning of the word. And looking through the dictionary for every word will be very bothersome!

And here on this forum i have heard that to experiment with robots is a good way to learn things!

Offline Somchaya

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • You know it's cute!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:19 AM »
Hmm, give the Robot Builder's Bonanza a try.. I don't remember the english written in that to be extremely complicated, and the book is really well-written, teaching a lot of the basic concepts and will definitely help you get started into robotics.

Those books are awesome, especially the robot builders bonanza! I wish I had that when I was first learning!

;D Lucky for me, I managed to get hold of a copy of that book in the library before I built my first robot. I must say it helped me a whole lot, and that's why I highly recommend it too!

Somchaya - Back after a year of misc things
http://whisker.scribblewiki.com

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 08:59:27 AM »
Where would i get this book then? I dont think there selling it in Norway so i gess i would have to order it!

Offline dunk

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
    • dunk's robot
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 09:22:24 AM »
if you look up a few posts ed1380 all ready gave you a link to an online copy:
http://www.kingsasquatch.com/pubupload2/files/Mcgraw-Hill_-_The_Robot_Builder_s_Bonanza.pdf

or order it on amazon.com.

dunk.

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
if you look up a few posts ed1380 all ready gave you a link to an online copy:
http://www.kingsasquatch.com/pubupload2/files/Mcgraw-Hill_-_The_Robot_Builder_s_Bonanza.pdf

or order it on amazon.com.

dunk.

Yeah, make sure you read the posts. The three links given to you are books. They would otherwise cost around £20 each. They are all awesome.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »
Yeah im sry, some of this posts i read on school. I usually dont have much time to read through all my new posts since last visit so im just reading fast though them! :-\

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/present.php?p=Robot%20Building%20Page1

Lol, I just found this.

I think this is the same gearbox/motors you are using too..............so, this should be amazing for you.

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »
http://www.pololu.com/products/pololu/0330/

I also like the look of this.

Absolutely awesome.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »
Yeah that site is great!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »
Can i buy a reciever with the frequency of 27?

Offline ed1380

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 09:10:12 PM »
google it.
Problems making the $50 robot circuit board?
click here. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=3292.msg25198#msg25198

Offline trigger

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 11:36:49 PM »
google it.

The hallmark of an engineer, as ed1380 alludes, is the initiative to solve problems.  If your goal someday, Sotu, is to become an engineer, robotics or otherwise, you would help yourself by learning to do as much as you can before asking others for help.  So, for example, when you have a question like, "can I buy X?", your first thought should be, "I'll look everywhere I can to see if I can find it.  If I can't, then I'll ask someone."  Once you've done everything you can on your own, then come ask for help.  We'll be happy to give it to you. 
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 02:26:42 AM »
Amen. There are still people who ask me how to wire up a 555 monostable circuit. I'm 21.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 06:53:36 AM »
I got no eletric circuit knowlodge what's so ever. All i want is either a kit with a manuel on how to put ure own circuit card together or to learn where to wire the wires on a finish made circuit card so i know how to do it and can then buy a finish circuit card and use the knowledge i learned in the kit. Im googleing and googleing but i cant find anything :'( I dont care if i can learn how to put the wires on a circuit card stashed with all the pieces needed or to buy a empty circuit card and put on all the things needed for a cicruit card...PLEASE i need links..! If u dont understand what im saying then say what u dont understand. I'll be happy to explain u!

Offline trigger

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
I got no eletric circuit knowlodge what's so ever. All i want is either a kit with a manuel on how to put ure own circuit card together or to learn where to wire the wires on a finish made circuit card so i know how to do it and can then buy a finish circuit card and use the knowledge i learned in the kit. Im googleing and googleing but i cant find anything :'( I dont care if i can learn how to put the wires on a circuit card stashed with all the pieces needed or to buy a empty circuit card and put on all the things needed for a cicruit card...PLEASE i need links..! If u dont understand what im saying then say what u dont understand. I'll be happy to explain u!

google electronics tutorials.  then buy a kit; don't build something from scratch.  Don't feel bad about starting with a kit; plenty of us have.  Once you've done one kit, you're going to understand a whole lot more. 

Get Your Ad Here

data_list