Author Topic: Festo Air-Ray  (Read 2619 times)

Offline nahuaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Festo Air-Ray
« on: October 25, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
Hi there, I wanted to know if anyone tried or knows about someone who tried to make any of festos air robots:

http://www.festo.com/INetDomino/coorp_sites/en/c79c5d07d5805095c12572b9006f04f5.htm

Festo Air_ray

Im specially interested in doing a scaled air-ray...is it possible to do?  if anyone can help me with anything would be OK as I dont think is as simple as it looks.
thanks!

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: Festo Air-Ray
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
Due to how nature works, the smaller you go the harder it will be, the lift to weight ratio will be less so light weight would be a huge concern. But it seems doable if you have the motivation.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:32:30 PM »
thanks,
about what u said of making it smaller, is true. But ill try to look for a way to make it lighter too. If got the motivation, but I have a main concern: How does it control the the upwards movement? not the one done by the back tail... how do u control that there is too much helium to keep on going upwards? or to little so it doesnt go up?

any further recommendations?!

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:33:38 PM »
It almost seems like there is just the right amount of helium in it (meaning slightly less than neutrally.... buoyant? is that the right word for things in air?), and that the wings "flapping" generates lift. 

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »
I dont think is as simple as it looks.

It looks quite complex to me... Do you have any experience in flight dynamics?

Chelmi.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »
hi, thanks for the replies...

Well, Im in the middle of a Quadcopter projct, it is flying but IM trying to make it autonomus around th house and maybe later outside it... so it might be some dynamic experience, but not much apart from that.

About the right amount of air, is right, or at least its the only way i could figure that out. Do you think it will flip easily to one side or the other instead of going straight? its a project worth trying to see what happens, thats why I was asking if someone has any experience with this!

thanks a lot for all the help! and any other comments are welcome!!!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list