Author Topic: Project Bolero  (Read 5188 times)

Offline Panther385Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Project Bolero
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:10:23 PM »
I highly doubt anyone has heard/bought the Poo-chi's cousin, the Bird-chi. I dug mine up a few days ago, put some batteries in, and realized that the poor thing has alot of potential, but very little abilities. I don't know why Tiger Electronics thought a heap of plastic that belted out annoying songs all day would be 'fun'. Anyways, I suddenly got interested in all things robotic and did a web search. So here I am. :D

Why is this topic called 'Project Bolero'? Because it is a large project, and I found the word 'Bolero' etched into the Bird-chi's side. I really don't remember when I got him (yeah, now it's a him... ::) ), so I went with the flow. There is a point to this post, however. I want to make Bolero a completely autonomous bot- to give him the ability to move on his own and operate smoothly without any human interaction. There are few things I need to know before I start this project:

1) Does anyone know what language Bird-chi was programmed in? I am pretty sure it is the same as his cousin, the Poo-chi, so if anyone knows that, I'd be very elated to know.

2) I am confused on how to set up wheels. Then again, I haven't even seen the inside of Bolero yet. Which brings me to my next query...

3) Where can I find really long, really tiny Philips screwdrivers? I'm guessing either Home Depot or a glasses specialty store (I should know, I wear glasses! ).

4) Er.. How do you hook up the mircocontroller to a computer? A very stupid question, I know...

EDIT: And anotherstupid question: Is it possible to program a music-playing device into Bolero? I'm guessing you would take the case off the CD player, wire it to the speakers (He has a few, I'm pretty sure of that. ;) ), ect.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:13:26 PM by Panther385 »

Offline JesseWelling

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • Only You Can Build A Robot!
Re: Project Bolero
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 02:44:55 AM »
why use a cd player when ipod shuffles are so cheep?
Solid state is sexy! ;)

Offline Panther385Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
*smacks forehead*

I forgot all about the iPod. My mom has one she doesn't use anymore, so I'll ask her for it. :D

Offline Handmixer.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 05:51:10 AM »
If that yields poor results, you could always buy a generic mp3 player over the internet from a wholesale distributor. That's where I got mine from.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list