Author Topic: Need help in programming an ultrasonic sensor  (Read 2077 times)

Offline suvidhaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need help in programming an ultrasonic sensor
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
M very very new to robotics ... never had programmed a microcontroller before unless for a line follower robot.
Please help me with the algorithm for ultrasonic sensor ... how to detect the object emitting sound and turn the robot to its direction

I know this society has genius robot builders and my question may seem lame to them ... but please help me with this i really need it  :-\

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Need help in programming an ultrasonic sensor
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:39 AM »
never had programmed a microcontroller before unless for a line follower robot.
That's impossible, You either do not have experience in programming microcontrollers, or You have done some line follower programming, meaning that You do have so experience  :D

Please help me with the algorithm for ultrasonic sensor ... how to detect the object emitting sound and turn the robot to its direction
I've just skimmed through it, but this might be useful --> Interfacing Ultrasonic Rangefinder with AVR MCUs – AVR Tutorial
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline suvidhaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Need help in programming an ultrasonic sensor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »
thanks a lot :) and yeah .. i made complementary statements ..  :P ... i coded the program for line follower.. it runs well on simulation software but did'nt burn in MC so dont know exactly if it is right or not ..
so u can say i have never programmed before technically! :D

Get Your Ad Here