Author Topic: List of Materials  (Read 1664 times)

Offline spectrum055Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
List of Materials
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
So when I was taking the trash out today at my new residence I came across trashed steam cleaner that somebody seems to have thrown away. I took a look at it there is a very nice drive belt, and probably some good motors and wheels but the problem is I didn't get the parts because I can't think of anything to do with them at the moment. SO if anybody has any ideas I might whip up something that is suggested.

I have a two BS2's & School Board as well as an Arduino and I think an SX uController floating around...but I'm also thinking because I have some solar panels I might make a big Bug bot to roll around and scare the people at the trailer park.  8)

So if anybody has any ideas or if the bug bot sounds like a good plan I'll make a solderless robot put together with plastic ties and junk...A good challenge.

Offline Gualalasmooth

• Helpful? 0
Re: List of Materials
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »
Do you have any pictures of the parts you found to get started?

Tom

Offline knossos

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 14
Re: List of Materials
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
You can probably use the wheels, as for the motor, it is most likely an AC motor which means you wont be powering it with batteries.  I took apart a steam cleaner and am currently using it to make a vacuum-forming machine (not sure if it provides enough vacuum though, but its worth a try :)).  One section of my disassembled steam cleaner made a test chassis (just mounted micro controller and some servos on it to test code and such).  I also came up with some decent tubing that I may attempt to make this with.  Lastly I got 3 switches, and the rotating scrub brushes out of it.  I may attempt to mount sensors and a servo to the brushes to make an array of panning sensors, but as of now it just sits in my spare parts box.
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."

— Oscar Wilde

Get Your Ad Here