Author Topic: a three jaw chuck holder  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Rajesh ShanbhagTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
a three jaw chuck holder
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »
hello all,
i need a three jaw chuck holder to hold a tube of 15 mm.
Kindly help me out with this if any options are available.

Thanks,

With Best Regards,
Rajesh R Shanbhag.

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: a three jaw chuck holder
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
First: What spindle is that supposed to mount to?
Second: Are you looking to buy or borrow or build?
Third: In what country/market/location are you?
Fourth: What have you already tried, and why didn't that work? Did you try Googling "three jaw chuck price <your spindle type>" for example?

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
Hello,

I am not using it as a drill shank holder. I will be using it in a tube feeder. I want the jaws to hold and release the tube. Basically like a gripper.

I found an option which might work. But i would love to have suggestions. Please let me know if you feel this is feasible.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/352653/lee-zip-trim-case-trimmer-universal-3-jaw-chuck-case-holder

Thanks,

With Best Regards,
Rajesh Shanbhag.

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
What kind of "tube feeder" are you talking about? A pick-and-place tube-style part feeder? A screw machine tube feeder? A bird feeder made of a tube? Something else?
Without knowing what the specs are on your "tube feeder," nobody will be able to know what will work for you and what won't. You're leaving way too much information out of your question for anyone to understand what it is you need and what would and wouldn't work. We're not mind readers! We don't even know you!

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »
Sorry about the hazy questions put forth..

I am designing a automatic endoscopic insertion tube feeding mechanism.

This tube is inserted into the patients orifice. To stop and hold the tube whenever desired by the physician i need a 3 jaw chuck which grips it. The tube is made of steel mesh covered by a rubber polymer. The tube is around 13 mm in diameter.

Kindly let me know if i need to specify something more.

Offline Duane Degn

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 10:58:36 AM »
Sorry about the hazy questions put forth..

I am designing a automatic endoscopic insertion tube feeding mechanism.

This tube is inserted into the patients orifice. To stop and hold the tube whenever desired by the physician i need a 3 jaw chuck which grips it. The tube is made of steel mesh covered by a rubber polymer. The tube is around 13 mm in diameter.

Kindly let me know if i need to specify something more.

It sure seems like this new information changes everything since now whatever you use also needs to be able to be autoclavable.

I can't imagine there being an of the shelf component that would do this for you. This sure seems like something that would need to be custom made.

What about using a strap to go around the tube to secure it? Kind of like an oil filter wrench but smaller to match the size of the tube?

http://www.apextrading.co.uk/media/catalog/product/s/t/strap_filter_wrench_1_1.jpg

Get Your Ad Here