Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Servo mod difficulty chart

(1/2) > >>

javafiend:
I don't know if this will help anybody, but it sure has given me some good information.  It's the "Rotation Modification Difficulty List" for Hitec servos at ServoCity.

http://www.servocity.com/html/rotation_modification_difficul.html

Enjoy  ;D

Admin:
That list isn't entirely correct, as it says the HS-225BB can't be modified.

Not true! I just modified one yesterday. According to that scale, I'd say difficulty was a 3.

And the HS-225MG is harder, more like a 8, because its really hard to remove those darn metal pins . . .

Also yesterday I discovered that a dremmel is a great tool to cut away that stopper bit. :)

airman00:

--- Quote from: Admin on February 23, 2008, 09:15:55 PM ---That list isn't entirely correct, as it says the HS-225BB can't be modified.

Not true! I just modified one yesterday. According to that scale, I'd say difficulty was a 3.

And the HS-225MG is harder, more like a 8, because its really hard to remove those darn metal pins . . .

Also yesterday I discovered that a dremmel is a great tool to cut away that stopper bit. :)

--- End quote ---

Dremel bits on power drills work for me

javafiend:
I would say it's pretty close on the HS-311 and HS-322.  Those aren't the easiest things in the world to modify and heaven forbid you ever have to reposition the pot after it's been glued (I know, if you did it right the first time you shouldn't have to).

Del:

--- Quote from: javafiend on February 23, 2008, 01:00:06 PM ---I don't know if this will help anybody, but it sure has given me some good information.  It's the "Rotation Modification Difficulty List" for Hitec servos at ServoCity.

http://www.servocity.com/html/rotation_modification_difficul.html

Enjoy  ;D

--- End quote ---

Is there anything like that chart that isn't just for the Hitec brand?

Also, in general, which are easier to modify: Hitec or Futaba?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version