go away spammer

Author Topic: Battle Bots  (Read 3077 times)

Offline racing1Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Battle Bots
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:53:43 PM »
So basically I'm part of  battle bots so our design is done, we just need to start making the bot, what would you guys recommend for batteries?, I was also wondering was there a way to hook up a saw blade so the receiver would be able to turn it on,off you get the idea, we were just going to use a key to turn it on off
P.S. Were doing the 15 lbs weight limit. so yea all of it needs to be smaller then that
Thanks,
Racer

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: Battle Bots
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
Well, for batteries, you would want something that will be able to last, this all depends on your other electronics/mechanics and how much current the draw... Add up all the current draw of everything on your robot, this will mainly come from motors but we can start from there.

For the saw blade, im assuming your going to use a dc motor to turn it?
If so, you will require a motor controller... It would be easiest to find one that takes servo pulses (one pin interface) so its plug in and play with the receiver but that may not be possible...
Are you making your own controller and receiver or buying a premade one?
Howdy

Offline c02cutter

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:13:15 AM »
Activate it with a pico swithch tied into a channel off the reciever. Easiest way.

Offline Trumpkin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
A PicoSwitch (http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm) may not be able to handle the current the motor will draw. However, a BattleSwitch will most likely be able to handle the current http://www.dimensionengineering.com/BattleSwitch.htm. You might want to find the motors you will use before deciding how to control them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:56:28 PM by Trumpkin »
Robots are awesome!

Offline racing1Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
We have decided on what to use for motors and we will have those tomorrow the batteries are a 7 cell configuration and will last us possibly 30 minutes+there rechargeable, with all the stuff we will have on there. Oh and I forgot to say our Controller will sorta be like this could I put the Battle Switch on there?

Get Your Ad Here