Electronics > Electronics

accelerometer controlled wireless bot

<< < (2/2)

Soeren:
Hi,

--- Quote from: roboninja93 on November 28, 2012, 10:57:18 AM ---[...] But i have to implement it using the mobile phone's accelerometer which has the android platform.

--- End quote ---
If you have to, you have to... But why do you have to?

--- Quote from: roboninja93 on November 28, 2012, 10:57:18 AM ---I have a fair idea about android programming so developing an app for it is not a major hurdle.

--- End quote ---
Just reading the sensors and transmitting the results via Blue tooth should be easy then. If you're good at Android, you should do the filtering on the phone, rather than on the controller.

--- Quote from: roboninja93 on November 28, 2012, 10:57:18 AM ---I am more concerned about interfacing the phone with the microcontroller via its micro USB port.
I havn't done usb interfacing earlier.

--- End quote ---
You want it to be wired??

A Blue Tooth unit on the 'controller isn't hard to talk to and I'm assuming that you want to "wave" your phone to control a 'bot - not very elegant with a USB cable attached :)

roboninja93:
Hi,

--- Quote from: Soeren on November 28, 2012, 07:11:50 PM ---
You want it to be wired??

--- End quote ---

Oh no. I meant that the accelerometer data from the phone is to be given to the microcontroller via the USB whcih will then transmit it to another microcontroller in the bot via rf.

--- Quote from: roboninja93 on November 28, 2012, 10:57:18 AM ---
Just reading the sensors and transmitting the results via Blue tooth should be easy then. If you're good at Android, you should do the filtering on the phone, rather than on the controller.

--- End quote ---

Yes that is an easy method using the bt module.

But I dont want to use a  bt module or an accelerometer module
The hardware to use is:
Two microcontrollers with rf transmitter-receiver(434 Mhz) and a android smart phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version