Author Topic: Please Help!! Photovore not functioning-Software, Photocell or centering issues?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline ambcorp2000Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Hello....I seem to be almost there but not quite......

Everyting went as per plan so far except for the final results and that's where I could use some help:

1. Successfully loaded the Axon with the photovore hex file
2. Connected the Photocells (voltage divider 15K resistor to Vcc) and modified servos to the Axon pins as mentioned below:
the left servo goes on port marked E6 , right servo on C7, Left photocell goes on 14 and right photocell goes on 2 both on the top ports
3. Turned on the Axon - the servo that I was probably not able center perfectly rotates endlessly, other servo motionless inspite of my changing the amount of light falling on the photocells.

What do I need to change do to make this function? I am clueless! Is this a software issue?

Thank you!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:19:16 PM by ambcorp2000 »

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
What happens when you swap where the servo's are connected?

Conscripted

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Hi,

2. Connected the Photocells (voltage divider 15K resistor to Vcc)
What is the resistance of the photo cells in the levels of light that you plan to use it in?

What do I need to change do to make this function? I am clueless! Is this a software issue?
I'd guess the 15k resistors, but you need to measure the photo cells with an Ohm-meter (DMM in Ohm range) at two levels:
The background level that the 'bot will drive around in.
And the level of the light that you want it to chase.

If you don't have a DMM, borrow or buy one - you cannot make any electronics without one. It doesn't have to be expensive, just the cheapest that you can find ($4 to $10 should do).
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline ambcorp2000Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Photovore working!Photocell or centering issues?Upgrade suggestions please
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
It seems that the light source that I was testing with were not bright enough. I was able to successfully build the Photovore (total cost including a dedicated Win XP netbook $250!). Had to revert to lego to save costs since I was spending too much.

Question... I would now like to build a color tracking robot with a commonly used color sensor. Any recommendations? I do not consider myself good at programming so would like to limit my programing efforts to a few modifications.... ;)

data_list