Author Topic: Component Board?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline AethurTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Component Board?
« on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Looks like I bought the wrong board for the 50$ robot huh? Or am I missing something?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103800#

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: Component Board?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
Looks like I bought the wrong board for the 50$ robot huh? Or am I missing something?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103800#

No, it's not the same board as admin used but yes, you could use it.  You'd just REALLY have to understand where you're soldering everything.

Offline AethurTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »
I can't seem to figure out how, as far as I can tell there are not enough unconnected holes to put in header pins.  Could you point me in the right direction here?
Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
You'll need to take a razor blade or some other sharp knife and cut the traces that are already there. Take advantage of the existing trace lines - power and ground for the servos should probably be on a line, with the signal pins' connections cut.

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
I'm not sure if he'll have to cut anything.  It looks like the traces resemble how a breadboard works.  You have large vertical buses for power, and the rest are horizontal connections for anything else.  A dip MCU would fit perfectly in there and give you plenty of room to solder other stuff. 

Hmmm, putting down headers would be interesting though.  It's possible, but interesting. 

Get Your Ad Here

data_list