Author Topic: extension for the tutorial?  (Read 5840 times)

Offline S. KarimTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
extension for the tutorial?
« on: August 11, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
Would this be possible? I kinda hoped the tutorial was optional, it's getting be a hell of a drag and on my nerves to be honest ::). Couldn't we just post the video and allow the voting to begin while we work on a tutorial? It's getting kind of stressing to come home and have that on my head that I couldn't complete the tutorial in time.

I probably assuming a big rejection here so I'm gonna let myself slowly die off from this competition for a bit.

Offline maverick monk

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: extension for the tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:18:52 PM »
did you extend the deadline? i experienced SEVERE budget problems (as in, i now have like 10 bucks) but it will get done, just, maby not for this contest

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:16:01 AM »
Ok Ive decided to extend it by ~10 days due to popular demand. But for those who have school starting up soon, I recommend finishing up before you priorities change . . . :P

August 31st is now the last day.

You are also allowed to change your tutorial whenever you want, and improve it as much as you want, after the due date. Just be aware that people will vote starting that day and might vote before you make those changes . . . Ill probably wait a few days to vote, because Im sure Ill have trouble deciding . . .

Ill probably quickly review over everyones tutorials a few days before just to see how things are going.

And dont forget to check spelling, I noticed many mistakes - even one in the title of a tutorial ;D

Offline Brandon121233

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • "Genius is %1 inspiration and %99 perspiration"
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:56:20 PM »
Yeah I caught that, it was mine, I fixed it I think
Hell, there are no rules here—we're
   trying to accomplish something.

—Thomas Edison

Offline Brandon121233

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 05:00:35 PM »
Ohh and by the way... I don't know if you mentioned this yet but, can YouTube videos be added to the tutorials yet? And if not, should we just post links to the videos of our creations?

—Thomas Edison

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »
I don't know if you mentioned this yet but, can YouTube videos be added to the tutorials yet? And if not, should we just post links to the videos of our creations?
I unfortunately havent had time to look in to it :-\

Just post a link for now, and Ill let you guys know when I get it done. Maybe tonight if it turns out to not be so hard . . .

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:07:06 PM »
ok I got off my lazy butt and added youtube video to the user tutorials (finally!)

To use it, when editing your page, just click the youtube image and put the video url in the popup.

The real reason I had time was cause my robot battery died from testing all day so technically Im not busy at the moment :P

Again, huge thanks to Dunk who figured it out months ago . . .

Offline Brandon121233

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
Thanks Admin, I can finally add my shake test video!

—Thomas Edison

Get Your Ad Here