Author Topic: ultrasonic transceiver circuitry , anyone knows?  (Read 7374 times)

Offline birdcheeTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
ultrasonic transceiver circuitry , anyone knows?
« on: August 01, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »
*please forgive me for my poor english,i will try my best to write a better english.*

i have searching for a night,i cant get the circuit for a tranceiver.
basically what i got are the circuits for transmitter and receiver.

i wonder is it there are no such a circuit stand alone for a tranceiver.
i mean tranceivers do not have a single circuit, but it must make up from two circuits,the circuits from the transmitter and receiver.
is it i must make a switch to switch between the transmitter and receiver circuits,for the transceiver to work, or transceiver has it own circuit?
thanks..

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
Re: ultrasonic transceiver circuitry , anyone knows?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:02:56 PM »
if two persons (transmitters) talk at the same time, no one can hear what the other says.
the transmitters either have a negotiation method (my turn, your turn), a master slave architecture (i ask, you answer), in both cases you will have a semiduplex channel.
if the transmitters use different channels (frequencies for example) they will be able to emit simultaenously, thus, resulting in a full duplex channel.

i have no idea about the ultrasonic transceiver. what emitter and receiver do you have, btw? what is their range?
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

Offline krich

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
In general, like izua says, you cannot transmit and receive ultrasonic at the same time because your receiver will pick up your transmitter and will drown out any other echos or distant transmitters.

There is a pretty complex way of transmitting and receiving at the same time, but its really complicated, for me anyway.  Look up Phase Loop Locks and Heterodyne.

If you combine the transmitter and the receiver circuits, I would consider that a transceiver. 

It just occurred to me that maybe you didn't give us enough information to go on.  What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:07:39 AM »
i have no idea about the ultrasonic transceiver. what emitter and receiver do you have, btw? what is their range?

actually the ultrasonic transceiver is a device,this device is a combination of transmitter and receiver, so it has the functions to transmit and receive.
this transceiver is named MA40S5.

It just occurred to me that maybe you didn't give us enough information to go on.  What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?

actually i trying to do a robotic mouse, this robot basically is an object avoidance robot.
so i am trying to use ultrasonic sensor (ultrasonic transceivers) .
basically i dont have much fund,actually i think i am doing the ultrasonic ranger,i cant buy the ultrasonic ranger sensors directly,because of financial problems.
and 1 more thing,i already got 8 ultrasonic transceivers,so i have to make use of these sensors,so that it is not wasted.
so now,i only have the sensors,i dont have the circuit. as i mentioned before,i cant get the transceiver circuit.
only transmitter circuits or receiver circuits are available.
hmm...hope you guys can understand and help me out.
thanks..

Offline krich

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
Okay, I think I get you.  You have the ultrasonic transducers and you need a transceiver circuit to drive them.

Check this out.

This is what I am basing my experiments in ultrasonics on, initially.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 12:03:57 AM »
hmm... i am sorry to confuse you all,i think i should use the word transducers.
Now my problem is, my transducer is a transmitter as well as a receiver , it is a single component, a single device, which has the functions to transmit and receive the signals. Normally we will have two components,it is the transducer for transmitter and transducer for receiver, but now, i have a single component,that is the transceiver transducer ( transmitter as well as receiver ).

so,i am thinking,is there any single circuit for the transceiver circuit??
or i have to combine the two circuits (transmitter and receiver circuits) ??
or is it very hard to use a single transceiver transducer to perform the functions of transmittion and receiption at the same time?

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »
http://www.roboticsconnection.com/p-58-maxbotix-maxsonar-ez1.aspx

this is exactly what i want.
hmm...but can i make use of the circuit directly?
because i have different transducer ,maybe i should look at the specs and do some modifications on the circuit?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list