go away spammer

Author Topic: Need help buiding robot that can push buttons  (Read 1987 times)

Offline mapjrTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need help buiding robot that can push buttons
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
Hello everybody I was wondering if any of you can instruct me on how to build a robot that can push buttons? I have no knowledge of robots, but need one

Really what I need is a simple machine that can push 12 buttons at once every minute for an experiment I'm doing that's not related to robotics. I will pay you $50 just to tell me how to build it because I don't have the time to learn myself. If it works I'll send it to you through paypal. Message me if you're interested!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:28:11 AM by mapjr »

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Need help buiding robot that can push buttons
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »
How far apart are the buttons? You could build a jig in wood or plastics that, when pressed, presses all the buttons, if they are close.
Also, how precise does "at the same time" be? Same second? Same millisecond?
Do you have access to the internals of the buttons? It might be easier to build this by replacing/extending the buttons with relays or optocouplers or transistors.

Offline mapjrTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »
The buttons are separated so the distance apart will be determined by the size of the machine. I was thinking about putting the bot in the middle and then circling the bot with the buttons.

I would need the buttons to be pushed on the same second and the buttons are under a touch screen. They can not be replaced or modified in any way. The pressure needs to be applied directly to the screen just like for example a touch screen phone.

Offline Titanium69

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
Use the same design as a XY plotter with the button locations mapped in memory. Then put a solinoid in place as your button pusher. This is assuming only one button will ever be pushed at a time.
Stepper motors can be used to move the solinoid from one button location to another.

Just my two cents...

Get Your Ad Here

data_list