Author Topic: Interpruting this encoder spec sheet  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Croy9000Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Interpruting this encoder spec sheet
« on: September 11, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
Can anyone help me determine the resolution (PPR) of this encoder?

http://www.superdroidrobots.com/product_info/MagneticEncoders.jpg

What do they mean by "Current" and "Limit" in the PPR section in the upper right?

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Interpruting this encoder spec sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone help me determine the resolution (PPR) of this encoder?
[...]
What do they mean by "Current" and "Limit" in the PPR section in the upper right?
This is nothing much of a datasheet and it's full of errors :( measuring time in µS, which means micro-Siemens (yeah, they probably meant µs) and leakage current in µV.
If they're so inept at making a proper datasheet for their products, I wouldn't trust the product to be reliable either.

The "current" and "limit" might refer to the number of poles that is possible with current setup (or something like that) i.e. not electrical current but current as in "present". Limit may refer to the max. number of poles in this or that configuration and they seem to be based on the diameter of the motor housing.
Probably for some of the motors that they produce as well - they make motors in the range 8mmØ to 90mmØ (where "Ø" means diameter).

In your shoes, I'd strongly consider a product with a substantially higher amount of (correct) engineering data.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here