Author Topic: $50 robot servo motors turn fast counter clock wise but not clock wise.  (Read 2915 times)

Offline mtnj356Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Hi,

I completed the $50 robot a while back and everything works correct except one motor is always turning faster than the other.   Both motors travel at the same fast speed going counter clockwise and they both travel at the same slower speed going clockwise.  But since the motors have to be flipped opposite each other I end up with a robot going in circles. I followed the procedure for modifying the servo motors and center them.  So my question is should they not be traveling at the same speed when going straight?  And if so can I adjust the speed within the program or did something go wrong when I modified the servo itself?

Thank You,

Mike

Offline ivern

• Helpful? 0
Re: $50 robot servo motors turn fast counter clock wise but not clock wise.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:04 PM »
What happens if you tell the robot to completely stop?  Do the servos turn anyway?  If so, the likely problem is that you didn't center the servos / adjust the potentiometer properly.  If you can still adjust the pot, try redoing that step.  If not, calibrate your program so that it adjusts the signals it sends to the servos to achieve equal motion (you'll have some reduced range of speed this way, but if you've already glued down the pot it may be your only option).

• Helpful? 0
I glued down the pots already and I think I made the mistake when centering them.  I ordered two new servos and I am going to redo that step.  I will not glue them this time until I know the speeds are correct.  I will try the stop with the current servos tonight and see what happens before making the swap.  I appreciate the feedback.

• Helpful? 0
Confirmed, I did not center them correctly.  Centered the two new servos and everything is good now.  Thanks again for the response.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list