Author Topic: Mike, the robot  (Read 1880 times)

Offline hoela4075Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Mike, the robot
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:45:13 PM »
Hi!

I am new to this site, and I appreciate all of the help that I can get.  I have for decades wanted to build a Tod Loofbourrow Mike, from his book "How to Build a Computer Controlled Robot" using the Kim-1.  The problem that I am having is finding drive wheels.  The motors that he recommends in the '70's are no longer made.  I don't want to screw this up, so what motors do I use?

The motorized wheels, directional control motor, and controlflex ribbon switches are all originally from Herbach & Rademan, Inc.  But I don't think they make any of these items any more.  The motorized wheels were catalog number TM20K370, the directional control motor was a 6-12 VDC motor geared reducer (catalog number TM20K407) and the switches were catalog number T5-01Z.

I believe the motorized wheels are 12 volt stepper motors, but I can provide schematics to prove that (or to prove wrong).  Not sure about the rest...any help is appreciated!  Most importantly, where can I buy these motors and switches?  I have the Kim-1 with expansion and would love to build this vintage kit.

Thanks!
Aaron

Get Your Ad Here