Author Topic: Suggestions for a first robot in a career  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Warhawk87Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Suggestions for a first robot in a career
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
Hey guys,

I am involved in Robotics in my high school, and I have built a couple of robots for my class.  These robots range from a tiny sumobot to a monster-wiffle-ball-chucking tetrix robot for the FIRST competition.   Doing all these projects has made me seriously think about majoring in robotics for college (I'm looking at WPI but if theres a better school out there I'm all ears!) Point is, all the robots I build are a part of my school and I always have other people doing other things to the robot.  I want to build my own robot, one that is all mine that I put together with my own spit and prayers.  I'm a little bit more ambitious than the $50 robot, so if anyone has any different suggestions I would be glad to hear them!

Thanks in advance!

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
Re: Suggestions for a first robot in a career
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
Build a multi purpose robot, something like Admin's ERP or like my MiniEric robot. Something that you can use in a competition or just to play with it. Something that can lead you to learn new things as you try to add more functionality. Something that allows you to start with a low budget and expand gradually. If you want to build a hexapod or a humanoid, you'll need a high budget just for the servos...
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline Warhawk87Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: Suggestions for a first robot in a career
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
Sounds good! Where can i find the specs for those?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list