Author Topic: Mounting motors one after the other and power angling them  (Read 2084 times)

Offline domlebo70Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Imagine a motor like this connected to some sort of bracket that converted the drive 90 degrees and angled a 2nd bracket. With a 2nd SAME motor attached to said bracket, allowing the first motor to rotate the angle of the 2nd motor. The 2nd motors drive doesn't do anything in this example. Yes, like a finger or joint.

Does anyone understand, if not i'll try and draw a paint pic.

Offline little-c

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 1
Re: Mounting motors one after the other and power angling them
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:44:48 AM »
change motors to servos and you have control. unless you have some random idea that doesn't need control.

not entirly sure what on earth your actuly asking, but hey.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:00:45 AM »
Sorry, it's hard to explain.

Here is a picture I found that looks similar to how I want to do a joint:

Inside each segment of the finger would lie a motor controlling the angle of the subsequent section. What I don't understand is how they are converting the rotary motion 90* so compactly.

paulstreats

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:10:44 AM »
They might no be. Look at the 2 silver colored wires coming out of the back of the finger in the right hand picture, I would imagine that if you pull 1 then the finger bends. Pull the other and it straightens.

Yes there are electronic wires coming out of the tip section but those are likely to be for the sensors in the tip of the finger rather than a drive motor or servo.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 04:16:16 AM »
Yes you're right actually, that's a tendon drive system of some kind. This however is purely motor driven;
http://mecha.skku.ac.kr/board/list.php?bbs_id=Robotics_04

Check out the videos especially. You can see exactly what I'm talking about on the upper most part of the finger.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list