go away spammer

Author Topic: Hero Jr. 1982 model  (Read 2196 times)

Offline James1016Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hero Jr. 1982 model
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
So I happened upon this while on my job and was able to keep it. It has all the parts: Remote, cartridges, manuals, charger and more. Great condition. Im just trying to get an idea of what it is worth. I don't want to make it go to a bad home and any input would be helpful. Ty much.

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Hero Jr. 1982 model
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
 ;D Hello!
 How much is it worth? 8)  priceless! 8)
I have one myself, and paid approx. $400 for it, ;D charger, manuals, cartridges. I have seen them
go for as high as $1000 on Ebay.(working models) I lucked up, and got a working one, in mint condition.
The only problem with the Heros, is that most of the chips are obsolete, which means, if they break,
it went from Priceless, to the pit. :'((?) There is a guy who bought the right to the Hero's, and has his own
website. He may buy it from you. I, myself, am trying to replicate the program, and put it in a beaglebone
black, then jack that into the body. That way, my Hero Jr. will never die.  :'(  You have a piece of history,
and once it leaves your abode, you may never see it again. :'( :'(

Offline James1016Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »
Well that's the reason I picked it up. I'm a gamer and nerd and work for a junking company. A guy was throwing it away so I saved it from a certain date with a trash compactor. Do you know the website for this guy? And how can I check to make sure its fully functioning? It's charging right now ( I assume that's what this blinking green light is telling me). I appreciate the response!

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 06:04:42 AM »
 ;D
The website would be: www.theoldrobots.com
If you find someone throwing away a HERO, :'( could you manage to
have it thrown my way?  ;D ;D Thanks! ;D

Get Your Ad Here