Author Topic: Electrocraft E675 Motor  (Read 6798 times)

Offline JosephTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Electrocraft E675 Motor
« on: July 09, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »
Hi y'all.

If I understand what I'm reading, I only need to put 24v on the two thin brake wires and vary the voltage between 0-24v on the two large wires to make it go. Right?

If anyone has a wiring diagram for the E675 motor, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Electrocraft E675 Motor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
Hi,

If I understand what I'm reading, I only need to put 24v on the two thin brake wires and vary the voltage between 0-24v on the two large wires to make it go. Right?

If anyone has a wiring diagram for the E675 motor, it would be greatly appreciated.
Far too little info!

What is this "E675 motor"? (Link or datasheet)
DC motors (if that's what it is) comes in all kinds of voltages and sizes and if we don't know your particular motor, it's impossible to say anything about it.

Did you try Google and compare sizes for some basic info and/or a photo?
Have you considered taking photos (and posting them) of the motor and whatever writing you find on it?
Do you know where it comes from?

(Yes, I could probably Google a lot about it in a short time, but I don't know how your motor looks and I have no real interest in doing your foot work either).

So, Google a bit, take some snaps and return (with the info you find) if the wiring still escapes you :)
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Tommy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »
(Yes, I could probably Google a lot about it in a short time, but I don't know how your motor looks and I have no real interest in doing your foot work either).
Soeren, in most cases I'd agree, but with theses wheelchair parts and issues I'd cut him some
slack, the manufactures and service people keep this information to themselves.

I only need to put 24v on the two thin brake wires and vary the voltage between 0-24v on the two large wires to make it go. Right?
Joseph, I believe you are correct, the to smaller wires should be for the electromagnet type brake on
the end of the motor(no voltage and brake is applied, 24vdc to release brakes), the two bigger wires
are for the 24vdc for the motor.

Tommy
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:34:32 AM by Tommy »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »
Hi,

Soeren, in most cases I'd agree, but with theses wheelchair parts and issues I'd cut him some
slack, the manufactures and service people keep this information to themselves.
The manufacturer can't stop him from posting a photo, tell how many wires of which approx. gauge it has, its weight/size or similar, so I still think that providing only an elusive number is slacking it way too much and expecting to be spoon fed - I cannot speak for anyone else, but I'm an engineer, not a nurse ;)

Here's some general advice for whoever may want it:
If you want others to show interest in your project, start by showing a lot yourself and you'll see a world of help open towards you. Enthusiasm is very contagious :)

Edit: In 2 seconds I found the pic below on a forum, but I have no chance of knowing if that's the motor - the OP should know (plus what's on the label)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:37:56 PM by Soeren »
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:20:10 AM »
Here is a picture of the motor....as for any of the other information asked about the motor, the only information on the chassis is the E675 RH, Serial g002177, Date code 5200, Type G, 
PART NO 675-067-026, Customer Part No. DRVMOTR1117 HI-SPEED.  There is no other information, on the motor c hassis, other than the statement that it came from Pride Mobility.

Just to be sure, I put the motor on the scale and it weights 17 lbs.  As for wiring, there is a connector that has 4 pins in it: Looks like 2 18 gauge (black) and 1 22 red and 1 22
black wire.  I believe that the two smaller wires are the ones used to control the brake.  I haven't hooked up the motor yet because I want to be sure I don't damage the motor with the wrong voltage or amps.

I googled both the model and part no with the same results: information from companies that can provide a replacement motor.  There just doesn't appear to be any information on the internet about this motor other than the cost to replace one.

I apologize for taking up the bandwidth with this problem.  I've been a software systems engineer for over 40 years but have only recently turned my attention to hardware, so many thanks in advance for any assistance with this motor.  And if you should believe that I can learn more by reading a specific book, please feel free to inform me.

Again, thanks y'all :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:03:19 AM by Joseph »

Offline Tommy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
Here is a picture of the motor....
Joseph, they do look very much the same as the motors I'm using in my project, which
are also from Pride.

no load inrush current 20 Amp
Stalling will burn up a Sabertooth 2X25, best to use Sabertooth 2X60 or equivalent.

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/sabertooth2x60

Tommy
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:07:43 AM by Tommy »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:15:14 AM »
Thanks Tommy! I'll take that advice to heart and get one.  I really do appreciate the assistance.

Offline rhbiz10d

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
FYI,
First time posting. I run two E675 motors with a Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2X25 and
a couple of automobile batteries to give 24V.
No problems. My understanding is that the 2X25 has overload protection. I don't think I've
ever stalled it but I've run it hard. I highly recommend the Sabertooth board. I'm feeding it from
an RC receiver. Good Luck with your project.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
Thanks for the info, rhbiz10d.  It appears that my next step will be to research what is necessary to hook up a remote controller.  I'm currently looking at a Emotiv EPOC neuroheadset as the controller that will be interfaced to the robot, but I am also looking at R/C controllers as a backup, just in case.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list