Author Topic: Uploading Webbotlib project to Axon  (Read 1651 times)

Offline MadGadgetTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Uploading Webbotlib project to Axon
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I've been unable to find an answer and am not getting very far by trial and error.  I was able to get a regular project uploaded to the Axon using fboot17.exe.  I came across the webbot library and it seemed like something worth getting into.  I've gone through the docs on how to set up a project and it all seems to go smoothly, I can compile without errors and everything.  Now when I try to upload the program to my Axon I run into problems. 

Here's what I'm doing, hopefully someone will see my error:

There's a folder in my project called /default/ which has a bunch of files, each with the name of my project and a different extension: eep, elf, hex, lss, map, and o.  The folder also has a Makefile file. 

I copied FBOOT17.EXE into this folder.

I made a bat file, copied and edited from the one that was working with the regular SOR code.  It's contents are:
cd D:\DropBox\My Dropbox\RoboProjects\AnimationControler\AxonCodeWebbotLib\default\
FBOOT17.EXE -b115200 -c2 -pAxonCodeWebbotLib.hex -vAxonCodeWebbotLib.hex
pause

When I run the bat file the command window comes up.  I turn on my Axon and the program starts to upload, but I get this error:
File AxonCodeWebbotLib.hex open failed !
Program-Error

There wasn't much info on how to actually upload a webbot program so I'm assuming I did something wrong, I just can't tell what.  Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong, or have a link to some instructions on how to upload a webbot program to the Axon? 

Thanks!

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
Re: Uploading Webbotlib project to Axon
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »
The executable file (ie the .hex file) is just a file and there is nothing special about it caused by WebbotLib. Thats why my docs dont really cover how to upload hex files - coz its the same as how you always do it.
Only got two suggestions:
1.  Your batch file changes the D drive to point to the folder but your FBOOT line doesn't refer to drive D. So if your current drive is C then FBOOT will be trying to find it on the C drive - and hence doesn't exist.
2. Failing that try rebooting the computer in case something has left the file open.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:05:23 PM by Webbot »
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
AxonCodeWebbotLib.hex . . .

FBOOT only allows up to 8 characters in a .hex file name.

Rename the hex to ACWeb.hex and give that a try.

Offline MadGadgetTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
That was it Admin!  Thanks I never would have realized that.

Offline klims

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »
I have also noticed that FBOOT17 has problems with being too deep into sub folders. Took me a while to work that one out.

data_list