Software > Software

Need help in my transformer robot

(1/2) > >>

mechaboy:
Hi all, it may seem crazier but i have to tell you that i'm gonna make a transformer robot that we are used to see in Transformer 1,2,3 movies(!)

Actually i know that it's gonna be hard and moreover , i have taken it as my final year project in ME for fullfilling BSc degree.

What i wanna do is, i want to control it using a joystick connected to PC , softwares i wanna use is arduino and processing(i'm proficient with arduino but i'm a newbie in processing). I want to use two arduino boards, one connected to PC and another connected to RObot. I want to use and I have bought lynxmotion ssc 32 servo controller board. i also have 2 xbees and arduino wifi shield. please someone help me in all the communication portion including everything of these interfacing. i will be grateful.

If my description is not good, please just say "details" , i will try to elaborate again.

But please help with either codes, tutorials, sites , books anything.

newInRobotics:

--- Quote from: mechaboy on July 09, 2013, 03:27:43 PM ---Actually i know that it's gonna be hard and moreover , i have taken it as my final year project in ME for fullfilling BSc degree.
--- End quote ---
My advice is to go for something less complicated to build and design, which would leave You more time to write better "in-depth" thesis, because that is what they want for BSc, that is why You have very small time-frame (normally half a year) to do it. But hey-ho, that is Your choise  ;D

--- Quote from: mechaboy on July 09, 2013, 03:27:43 PM ---Hi all, it may seem crazier but i have to tell you that i'm gonna make a transformer robot that we are used to see in Transformer 1,2,3 movies(!)
--- End quote ---
To build humanoid robot on its own is quite a challenge, to build anything remotely similar to true transformer at home is next to impossible. Please bear in mind that what You've seen in movie are VFX and actual physical transformations of the like are impossible with current technology. The best real-life transformer I've seen so far is in the video below  ;D

Real Life Transformer

OK OK, there are some that do reassemble a real thing  :)

Real Transformer NO C.G. Upgrade Version -Humvee Bioloid-

--- Quote from: mechaboy on July 09, 2013, 03:27:43 PM ---I want to use and I have bought lynxmotion ssc 32 servo controller board. i also have 2 xbees and arduino wifi shield. please someone help me in all the communication portion including everything of these interfacing.
--- End quote ---
--> xbee tutorial
--> arduino wifi shield tutorial
--> arduino usb communication tutorial
--> SSC-32 Manual

mechaboy:
Hi thank you for your suggestions and those links.
Actually I have gone through them. Any other things that might be helpful??

jwatte:
If you don't have it yet: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-inventor-family/free-trial

MrWizard:
You also can use:

-IronCad
-Draftsight (solidworks) (2d)
-Solid Edge (2d)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version