go away spammer

Author Topic: Different Batterys Per System  (Read 3353 times)

Offline ReplicatorBuilderTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
    • StarGate Worlds
Different Batterys Per System
« on: October 08, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »
For parts that need great power and need to work if the other parts go dead should i use seperate batterys on them

thanks

Offline Rebelgium

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • It's called the future ... We like it here
    • orgcrime.net
Re: Different Batterys Per System
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:25:52 PM »
no, if another part goes dead that doesn't mean the battery it's attached to is dead to. So you can still use that battery with all other systems attached to it.

And if you need alot of power, just buy one big battery pack, that's cheaper than two or three smaller ones that have the same power combined.
Plus one part may use more power than the other, causing one of your smaller packs to be be depleted sooner than the others, thus limiting your operation time.
To relax after some hard work on robotics: A very fun free online text based MMORPG
orgcrime.net

Offline ReplicatorBuilderTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
    • StarGate Worlds
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 09:09:55 AM »
im building an android a picture of what i am building is my avatar.  i want have much space for a huge battery

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:48:06 PM »
i beieve rebelgium is saying is to have one main battery pack which supplies power to all the systems so that you wont have to go checking and charging each individual battery pack

That is a good suggestion to do. Have a main battery( or batteries)  giving 12V out @ whatever amperage there is. Then use voltage dividers or regulators or transformers to provide power to each other system.
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline Robotboy86

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 12:07:20 PM »
I believe Replicator is saying that he doesn't want the entire robot to die simply because he doesn't have power to move the motors..

IE, he still wants it to send out video, regardless of motor battery life.

In which case, yes seperate batteries are the way to go.  If you do use just 1 big battery once it dies, your done.  Also it can be electrically noisy to use just one battery.  On occasions even, when the big 20a motors(or whatever your using) hit on to max.. it could cause such a voltage drop it may reset your computer brain..

Of course if you do use a big one, simply attach proper sized capacitors to all of the motors(which shoudl have some anyways), and also to the brain.  So that huge voltage drops won't effect it as often..

Get Your Ad Here