Author Topic: Hexapod Recipe  (Read 2694 times)

Offline EpsiloncheTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hexapod Recipe
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »
Hi,
I want to build an hexapod ,like this one http://www.bg-cnc.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hexapod.jpg , but i'm confused about what to buy for it , ( different arduinos , motors , etc )
could you please tell me all the list i will need or may need for the hexapod building ?
Thanks .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:31:28 PM by Epsilonche »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Hexapod Recipe
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 02:07:25 AM »
If this is going to be Your first robot, then my advice is think it through and pick something easier to start with, otherwise, most likely, it's going to be very frustrating experience. Building (semi)complex robots requires You to already understand what is required to achieve what You want. Asking about differences between Arduinos only suggests that You don't really know what features You are looking for and how to use them. Question about motors suggests that You don't really know what is normally used to actuate robots like that. If You are still interested in making one, follow the link below and read read read  :)

--> hexapod tutorial
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Hexapod Recipe
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »
If you want a Hexapod with boards and instructions, I suggest the Phantom-X Mk II hexapod. It comes with all the servos (Dynamixel AX-12) and controller boards you need, as well as instructions and software.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list