Author Topic: Parts for Axon 2  (Read 1899 times)

Offline cminor102Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Parts for Axon 2
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »
Hi, I just recently bought an axon 2 chip and I was wondering where i could buy parts to build something like a car. I was previously using the Arduino UNO and I can see that the axon 2 chip needs female connections vs the Arduino's male connections. I was planing on getting a battery, servos, a photo resistor, DC motors, and an accelerometer. or is there something that i need to get separately to modify the connections to support the axon 2. any advice? Thanks

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Parts for Axon 2
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:35:27 PM »
Hi, I just recently bought an axon 2 chip and I was wondering where i could buy parts to build something like a car.
You can always buy a cheap RC car and replace its receiver by Axon-II. You would also need something like H-bridge (which You can buy or build) to drive motors of the car.

or is there something that i need to get separately to modify the connections to support the axon 2.
All You need to change is the connector from male to female type. Make sure You place wires in right slots (to match pinout of Axon-II).
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Parts for Axon 2
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
Batteries and servos already have female headers to connect to the Axon. Otherwise, here is a tutorial to add your own:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/electronics_wire_connector.shtml

Other components can be found here:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_parts_list.shtml