go away spammer

Author Topic: Spider Robot  (Read 1888 times)

Offline stMCCS41Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Spider Robot
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
I'm going to build a spider robot inspired by the project featured here:

http://www.open-electronics.org/robot-shield-for-arduino/

Like their robot, mine will use an arduino uno, 8 servo motors, and an ultrasonic range detector.  I have some experience programming, but I have almost no experience with electronics. 

I understand that I need to provide stable voltage to my servo motors.  I plan to use a 2A li-po battery pack, the same LM2576-5 voltage they used before the servos, and to go direct out of the battery pack to the arduino. 

My problem is that I don't understand exactly how to do all of this.  I don't think I can make a circuit board like they did.  Their board incorporates several resisters, an inductor, capacitor, diode, etc.  Can anyone help me wrap my head around this? 

I'm just a little confused.  I have a shopping cart with 8 servo motors, an LM2576-5, and a battery pack in it.  I'm not sure exactly what else I need, and how I should put it together. 

From their site:

Just the integrated LM2576-5 contains all the elements to build a switching power supply, just add an inductor, a diode and a capacitor. It can deliver a maximum current of 3A and accepts input voltages between 4 and 40volt.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Spider Robot
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
Hi,

[...]
My problem is that I don't understand exactly how to do all of this.  I don't think I can make a circuit board like they did.  Their board incorporates several resisters, an inductor, capacitor, diode, etc.  Can anyone help me wrap my head around this? 
[...]
I'm not sure exactly what else I need, and how I should put it together. 
You seem to be in deep water here. I'd recommend starting with something like the $50 robot from this site to build up some experience before taking on a spider.

Don't expect anyone to drag you through a project, a forum is for gtting help when you stumble, not for wet nursing, so you need to know at least a bit about what you plan to do.
Google the subject and read some of the tutorials here and everywhere else :)
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Corad

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Spider Robot
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:44:41 PM »

Like their robot, mine will use an arduino uno, 8 servo motors, clicking here  and an ultrasonic range detector.  I have some experience programming, but I have almost no experience with electronics. 

I understand that I need to provide stable voltage to my servo motors.  I plan to use a 2A li-po battery pack, the same LM2576-5 voltage they used before the servos, and to go direct out of the battery pack to the arduino. 

I'm just a little confused.  I have a shopping cart with 8 servo motors, an LM2576-5, and a battery pack in it.  I'm not sure exactly what else I need, and how I should put it together. 

From their site:

Just the integrated LM2576-5 contains all the elements to build a switching power supply, just add an inductor, a diode and a capacitor. It can deliver a maximum current of 3A and accepts input voltages between 4 and 40volt.

It really looks a great project
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:58:05 AM by Corad »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list