go away spammer

Author Topic: need some help with programing  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Grant1Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
need some help with programing
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »
well I have a base that's like four pieces of plastic and I was going to make a
         robot car so kind of like a robot shaped as a car.I was going to use maybe the 50$ robot sensors and then
     use maybe a motor driver and wire up four of the motors with a switch and every thing but I don't
 quite know how to make my own program for it so I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Thanks,

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
Re: need some help with programing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
If I'm reading this right, you're looking to make a robot with four pieces of plastic, with an Ackerman steering system.  The electronics involved would be a switch, a motor driver, and sensors from the $50.00 robot.

While the project you describe is certainly possible (albeit not all that desirable), there is nothing in there to "program", per se.  Your program could be in your electronic component diagram. 

If you lack previous experience in electronic design, programming, and robotics, you probably want to start with the $50.00 robot - its proven, relatively easy to start with, and the parts are reusable for more advanced boards.  You would not have to deal with a motor driver (modified servos have their own), and the programming would be in conventional C as opposed to transistors and timers.  It helps, also, that this forum a plethora of experience with that particular board, and would be more able to help you out.

Above all, you should provide some more details about your project.  Unlike the Man in the Sky, we can't read your mind or hear your prayers - so give as much detail as you can, in as reproducible a fashion as is possible, and utilizing the most appropriate technical terms IF and ONLY IF you know them - if you don't know them, don't use any of them (it would get confusing). 

Try reading the $50.00 Robot Tutorial and gather some insight from it.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list