Author Topic: Xbee config  (Read 2457 times)

Offline arixroboticsTopic starter

• Helpful? 3
    • TalasTronics WCIT KL2008 Fund Raising
Xbee config
« on: July 20, 2009, 07:19:56 AM »
Hi all,

I'm trying out xbee for the first time. I've done the configuration as below on X-CTU;
- make PAN ID the same for both nodes.
- set one node as a ZIGBEE COORDINATOR AT, and the other as the ZIGBEE ROUTER / END DEVICE AT.

The coordinator is connected to the PC running X-CTU, and the end device is connected to a PIC constantly sending out data.

The coordinator node doesn't seem to be able to receive any data from the end device node. The TX LED on the end device keeps blinking, showing that data is kept being sending out. But the RX LED on both nodes never turned on. And so nothing comes out on the X-CTU terminal.

Anyone has any ideas what's wrong with my setup?

Offline flimflap

• Helpful? 1
Re: Xbee config
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
try connecting the devices with the default settings. I never tamperd with the end device/ coordinator setup option

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »
That's what I did at first. I simply connected everything together right out of the box. But nothing happened, so I searched for tutes on configuring xbees and started playing around with the settings.

Any other ideas / tricks?

Offline flimflap

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:36:37 AM »
You probably tried that already but double check the baud rate. Default is 9600.
Maybe its your hardware. I noticed that sometimes the xbee's dont like the standard 3.3V coming out of my regulators. when i add a 10 ohm resistor to 3.3V to bring it down a little, they work.
Don't ask me why.

Hope this helps you

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 08:37:23 PM »
Hmm... Thanks for the ideas, flimflap.

But I'm using a USB-Xbee board on the PC end, and a breakout board with built-in regulator on the uC end. So my 3.3V are produced by the 5V-3.3V regulator on those boards. Both boards are from Sparkfun. So the 3.3Vs should be fine, assuming those boards are working. I'll probably check the voltage once I got my multimeter back.

Any other ideas / tricks anyone could think of?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list