Software > Software

Help with algorithm for grid solving

<< < (2/3) > >>

jkerns:
It turns until the sensors "see" the black line in the proper place again.  I assume he is using two sensors spaced so that one is on each side of the line and makes adjustments to the right/left as each sensor moves over the line.

jwatte:
Typically you actually use more than two sensors -- six or eight are good, for line following. The further out to the side you detect the line, the stronger you make the turn signal.

Basically, when you "detect" that the sensors on the right hand side to "dark," you have a crossing to the right. If you want to turn right, start turning until at least one or two sensors on the right are "light" again, while moving forward. Keep doing that, and the 'bot will turn 90 degrees as it moves forward.

waltr:

--- Quote from: Ankit Virdi on July 02, 2013, 09:27:51 AM ---Can I not do it with just the sensors I have?

--- End quote ---
What sensors do you have on your Bot?
With wheel encoders this is fairly easy without an external reference, like the line follower has.

Ankit Virdi:
I have 5 infrared sensors from which i had earlier made a line follower.Now I want to try and make a Path Finder, and I am sorry I don't know what are wheel encoders.

Ankit Virdi:

--- Quote from: jkerns on July 02, 2013, 01:33:25 PM ---makes adjustments to the right/left as each sensor moves over the line.

--- End quote ---
I did not get what kinda adjustments?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version