go away spammer

Author Topic: Need a pic of a robot  (Read 3906 times)

Offline theonemp40Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need a pic of a robot
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:42:16 AM »
Sorry if i am posting into some other category
I need a picture of a robot hand picking up something from the floor ( i just need to see the arm )
i am requesting on this forum because i didn't found what i like on google and other art sites
I have to say that the picture i need is for a contest ( i will edit, and also post credits to the user that gives me the picture)
I am also sorry that i speak english not quite good, and because i shouldn't post probably in this category
please help :)
( i ll need the picture soon, or tomorrow at least)
thanks in advance
regards, kodo

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Need a pic of a robot
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »
it's just not what i want, i don't want from perspective, and i want like a human robot hand :) thanks anyways..
trust me i searched google, i found some which are good ... but i m looking for something better

Offline Trumpkin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:53 AM »
search under "android hand" I don't have time to do it for you right now
Robots are awesome!

Offline Rebelgium

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • It's called the future ... We like it here
    • orgcrime.net
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:25:09 AM »
humanoid is also a good term to search for.
I found this in a quick look:

To relax after some hard work on robotics: A very fun free online text based MMORPG
orgcrime.net

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:55:23 AM »
humanoid is also a good term to search for.
I found this in a quick look:
---> image <---

thanks i found this yesterday, and it looks pretty good
:)

Offline Dank55

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 03:40:39 PM »
That's the hand that was designed by Robotmagnet, or he was one of the collaborators.  He's the lead editor on the Robot article at Wikipedia, we chat a lot (well, argue :).

Dan
#wikiversity at irc.freenode.net
Dan, dank55 on gmail.com and Wikipedia

Offline Rebelgium

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • It's called the future ... We like it here
    • orgcrime.net
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »
Tell him I said his hand looks great. ::) ;)

And, if he's not here already, invite him to SoR.
There is tons of interesting reading material here...
To relax after some hard work on robotics: A very fun free online text based MMORPG
orgcrime.net

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »
He's the lead editor on the Robot article at Wikipedia, we chat a lot (well, argue Smiley.
Any chance you can convince him to add SoR to the external references on the robot page? The last I heard, that particular article practically bans additions because people modify it too much . . .

Offline Dank55

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »
Hugo (Rocketmagnet) wrote most of the original material, but actually I seem to be doing more welcoming/guard-dogging than anyone else these days, and I'll go add your link right now, with a nice referral.  You're right...most new links get tossed in the garbage can these days, usually by me, although I try to be nice about it.  My hands are tied by the rule at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:COI.

Btw, I told Hugo you guys liked his robot hand, and he said: "thanks for the mail! It gives me a lovely feeling to know people like our work. Keep up the good work on the Wikipedia."  His company is shadowrobot.com, btw.

It's nice to know you're interested in Wikipedia.  I didn't want to say anything until I had more success, but I'm doing my damndest to get people at Wikipedia to understand that if the color of tailfeathers of extinct birds is "encyclopedic", then information about common robots sure as hell is, and is worthy of inclusion.  I have also talked you guys up.  It's a little early...there are rules and procedures ad nauseum...but for people a little bit familiar with Wikipedia procedure, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Robotics#An_interesting_problem_with_technology-related_articles.

Dan, Dank55 just about everywhere...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Robotics,
#wikia, #wikia-de, #wikiversity, #wikiversity-de, #mysql on irc.freenode.net

Offline Dank55

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
I added an external link at the bottom of WP:Robots.  Your SoR competition has enough people participating to warrant inclusion, let me ask whether it's also "notable" enough to pass muster before I add it in the "competitions" section.

-Dan
blah blah

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
thanks!

what about something like "Tutorials on making homebrew robots with active community" or something like that?

ps - sorry theonemp40 for hijacking your thread . . .

Offline Dank55

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 10:13:11 PM »
I used "Active hobbyist group specializing in robots made from inexpensive parts", with a review on the "talk" page, does that seem accurate?  If there's no objection on the "talk" page for 2 days, I can add your yearly contest in the contest section and mention the tutorials there.

I'm glad to see you guys are interested in Wikipedia.  At the moment, Wikiversity is more open to new technology articles.  Assuming that people own their own material here, anyone who wants to can post their stuff on Wikiversity, as long as your information is correct and interesting, and as long as we organize it correctly and get permission...it's not hard at all but it needs to be done right.  Once the material has been on Wikiversity for a little while, that would let us make the claim that we've presented it to the whole world and no one had a problem with it, which gets us past the main hurdle to moving what's called "unsourced" material on to Wikipedia.  Wikipedia won't want as much stuff as Wikiversity does, but I believe a significant amount of material from SoR could make it onto Wikipedia and stick, as long as it's handled right.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 09:00:41 AM »
hmmmm I wanted to emphasize the tutorials because thats half this site, the forum being the other half. ;D

Offline Dank55

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »
>tutorials

We have had huge success in getting changes in at WP over the past week, and this changes everything.  I'll start a new thread in Misc to explain.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list