Author Topic: Camera and data transmission/communication  (Read 3376 times)

Offline india.robotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Camera and data transmission/communication
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »
hi all. i have created a robot with some cameras(4 nos). i want to view the camera from a distance place and control the robot from that place(using my laptop). i can design an application for this.

please help me, how can i make communication between my laptop and robot(long distance should be covered). and how to develope such an application?(i know C++, .Net 3.5 with ASP, C#, VB, and JAVA)

please help.

thanks.

Offline silo_xtreme

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • I really love robots, they keep me awake at night.
Re: Camera and data transmission/communication
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »
Hi india,

I think you have a few options here.... What kind of processor are you using on your robot?

Offline mihies

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:22:40 AM »
hi all. i have created a robot with some cameras(4 nos). i want to view the camera from a distance place and control the robot from that place(using my laptop). i can design an application for this.

please help me, how can i make communication between my laptop and robot(long distance should be covered). and how to develope such an application?(i know C++, .Net 3.5 with ASP, C#, VB, and JAVA)

Theoretically speaking. The easiest way would be to get a camera with wireless communication (usually analog) and a receiver on the laptop side. If you don't have camera with such capability then you are stuck because your controller probably won't have enough power to compress images into a video stream. Thus the only option left is to send separate images which might be slow. This is how I see it, not that I've tried anything with cameras.

Offline india.robotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:06:39 PM »
i am using PIC 18 series controllers.. ok. tats fine tat i lluse a seperate wireless cam for the time being.. but u said that we can stream the video to my laptop.. how to do this??? any new IC is required?? plz help or give some reference articles links.. thanks a lot..  i am usin a remote control, by using the LINX RF module.. what else do i need??

and i want to increase the RC range to 2 miles or more, so what should i use??

i also want to control my robot frm my laptop(i have bluetooth as well as wireless).. how can i achive this?

plz help

thanks

Offline knapshots

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 06:55:46 AM »
dude
use a cellphone with a cam and gprs J2me is freaking built for things like these. if distance is not too long u can also opt for bluetooth with a bluetooth dongle

Get Your Ad Here