Software > Software

Servo Half Speed Code

<< < (2/3) > >>

Webbot:
Would need to see the definition of your variable 'servo'

Sylvestre:
Well I'm using PD so its defined in there.   Center is 1500  range 600 - 2400 reverse direction not set

Also my servo is starting HIGH (starts constantly spinning at first).  I used -124 and 124 and that changed direction, but -64 and 64 doesnt.  Doesnt make sense.  The servo should be off too because  I wrote act_setSpeed(&servo,0); when no tempbyte received

Webbot:
Suggest you create a new very simple project that takes no inputs - ie its appControl just does an act_setSpeed for a given value.
eg just have the following in appControl
act_setSpeed(&servo, -64);

This way you know that the rest of your program isn't sending other values to the servo.

Sylvestre:
Ok this is weird.  It's like its not even responding to my code.  No other values are being sent.  I set the speed to zero if its not receiving a byte but it still keeps turning continuously.  When I continuously send it a value 124, it tries to slow down, but just keeps spinning, I dont understand. 

Would it have anything do with that I put a voltage regulator to step down my supply of 12v to a 5v the servo can handle?

Sylvestre:
Waittt I think I may have an idea of what it could be.    When I was modifying the servo with this tutorial http://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_modifyservo.shtml
I didn't set the servo to zero and glue down the pot.  Could this be my problem?  I dont want to take my servo apart for nothing so some verification would be nice.    It seems like that would be the issue.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version