Author Topic: Axon II Problem  (Read 4215 times)

Offline tzankoffTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Axon II Problem
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
You're not going to believe this. On top of everything that has happened here tonight, I have just now managed to somehow kill the on/off switch. I'll wait for you to stop laughing.

I think what happened was while I was collecting the voltages a little bit ago, I accidentally touched the red voltage prong to the capacitor next to B7,

Everything seems to work fine.
I just don't have a functional on/off switch anymore.

Oh, well.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
All three sets of the affected pins return 6.5v.
So despite having the pin turning on and off in code (are you sure you programmed it right?), it still only gives you 6.5V?

Looking deeper, I noticed you said you are using the Hardware servo controller. Then you go to say it doesn't work for pins B5, B6, and B7, but it does work for B4, H6, and H5.

The funny thing is, pins B4, H6, and H5 cannot use the Hardware programmer - it's physically impossible! lol
You should look into making sure you programmed it right . . .

I just don't have a functional on/off switch anymore.
No idea how you managed to fry the switch, lol . . . you can probably snap it open to see what went wrong inside and manually repair it.

Offline tzankoffTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »
So despite having the pin turning on and off in code (are you sure you programmed it right?), it still only gives you 6.5V?
Yes. At least its not 8V+ anymore (at least not according to new meter).

Looking deeper, I noticed you said you are using the Hardware servo controller. Then you go to say it doesn't work for pins B5, B6, and B7, but it does work for B4, H6, and H5. The funny thing is, pins B4, H6, and H5 cannot use the Hardware programmer - it's physically impossible! lol You should look into making sure you programmed it right . . .
*facepalm* I have no idea why I said that. I'm so used to seeing the reference to the "hardware.h" file at the top of my code, the word has become embedded in my vernacular. All I do is tell Project Designer what I want to use and where and it does its thing. I then use AVR studio to write code. Then upload. I need to lie down.

No idea how you managed to fry the switch, lol . . . you can probably snap it open to see what went wrong inside and manually repair it.
I opened it up and did not see any physical damage. I went to bed after that. I was beyond tired at that point.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
Did you manage to figure it out? Not sure if you just mis-spoke, or made a programming mistake :P

Offline ceruleanplains

• Helpful? 0
  • Got Wumpus?
    • Project Log
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »
you can get servo jitter if the servos haven't been manually calibrated by hand for the servo center position.

Get Your Ad Here